News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

VoIP My Way

Started by Loughary, March 01, 2011, 07:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loughary

All,

Just wanted to post a little information I found about a company that I recently started using. www.voipmyway.com.  I'm using their "Residential Unlimited (1500 minutes per month average) Phone for a year" for a sale price of $55 and that includes e911.  That is basically $4.58 per month...plus you can port your current number for $8.

I have nothing to do with the company just thought I'd post the information...it is definitely the cheapest SIP account I've found.  I've been using the service for approximatively a week now and I'm very happy with the service quality. It is a small one man startup company that has been doing business for around 6 months or so...I can say personally the costumer service response to emails has been great.

Thanks.

RonR

Loughary

voipmyway

Guys this is my service. If any one has any questions please let me know.

ziprun

Thanks RonR- sounds like a go, and right now at the lower $30 price, I'll give it a try. 

Loughary

Ziprun,

I've been currently using VoIP MY Way for about 2 weeks now and I'm more then happy.  It's going to be tough to find a SIP provider for a better price that offers e911 plus port a number for $8.  I'm currently waiting on my number to be ported...I was told upfront that it could take 3+ weeks....which is fine.  Meanwhile I've been using the temporary number to make outbound calls as well as inbound when I call home. 

Again for the price...it's a great deal...my only concern that I had/have was what happens if they go out of business and I lose my number that I ported that I've had for 13+years (my wife will kill me).  The response that I got from the people over at VoIPmyway was that they have an agreement with the backbone service provider that the company would take over his book of business if that ever happened.

The sip address that is used is sip.voipwelcome.com I'm sure someone could tell us more about that provider.

biomesh

The main provider is voipo, and they have a good reputation.

voipmyway

That is correct my backbone is voipo. I by from them at their wholesale rate and offer the service as I see fit. I started this company do to my love of VoIP especially asterisks and not many providers offering SIP credentials to use as you see fit.

I know many people are not tech savoy so a preconfigured ATA is available from us, but for those that are or want to experiment I wanted to provide them with the information they needed with no hassle.

I am working on a FAQ for the OBI110, the company said they were going to send me a sample unit but now tells me they don't have any to send that I have to buy one. Unfortunately I dot have the money to buy some ones product to just demo it.

Though working with a few users from here I believe using their simple to use web mgmt page and entering the sip credentials has worked really easy and I will be using that for the FAQ.

Check this URL out for configuring your device: http://www.voipmyway.com/docs/Obi110.pdf for those that configured my service with the device I will like to here if this worked for you or how you did it.

Currently I am also begin told they are sold out so once the price goes back down to the 49.99 price I will list the product on my site as being a ata option.

voipmyway

QBZappy

Wow the Obi has become a movement!!! Great to see all this excitement.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

voipmyway

I have one user that is having issues with the obi110 and noticing the hook state. It seems when they place a call and get the end users vm system, they hang up up but the obi still still stays connected and leaves a blank vm. Does anyone have a idea where in the obi i should have them verify the settings for that.

So far it is just one user out of the dozen or so that have purchased my service.

Thanks

mike

That's not my issue Mike assuming I'm the only VoIPMYWAY/OBI110 user with an issue.

On outgoing calls, if I hang up BEFORE the call is answered, the call doesn't get dropped and the calling number continues to ring and can be picked up. Testing with my cell and picking up the line on the cell after I've hung up on the OBI110 connected phone results in the cell thinking it has a connected call for > 30 seconds.

If the other side picks up before I hang up on the OBI110 call side, the call get disconnected immediately when I hang up as expected.

ziprun

Loughary,

Wanted to give you an update.  First, thanks for your help.  Got 2 OBI's up and running today with the service.  Working flawless.  Was able to get local numbers, set up my e911, etc.  Great support, happy we got this done.

ziprun

Quote from: Loughary on March 08, 2011, 04:33:25 PM
Ziprun,

I've been currently using VoIP MY Way for about 2 weeks now and I'm more then happy.  It's going to be tough to find a SIP provider for a better price that offers e911 plus port a number for $8.  I'm currently waiting on my number to be ported...I was told upfront that it could take 3+ weeks....which is fine.  Meanwhile I've been using the temporary number to make outbound calls as well as inbound when I call home. 

Again for the price...it's a great deal...my only concern that I had/have was what happens if they go out of business and I lose my number that I ported that I've had for 13+years (my wife will kill me).  The response that I got from the people over at VoIPmyway was that they have an agreement with the backbone service provider that the company would take over his book of business if that ever happened.

The sip address that is used is sip.voipwelcome.com I'm sure someone could tell us more about that provider.

Loughary

Ziprun,

Great to hear....my number finished porting a few days ago...couldn't be more happier.

voipmyway

Thank you all for you purchases and support. It has been a crazy few weeks for me here, making sure I got every ones accounts created and the amount of tickets I got. it seems for the most part it is 100% working with the obi device. We had a few minor issues that seems to all be resolved.

We have also sold out of the engagement special and moved on to a new special which is 40$ now instead of the 30$. For those that are still thinking about signing up now is the time. After this deal sells out it is going up to to $55 and after that it is going back to our standard $95.00 a year or $9.99 a month.

If any one has any questions or concerns let me know.

harpo

Quote from: voipmyway on March 18, 2011, 10:13:54 AM
Thank you all for you purchases and support. It has been a crazy few weeks for me here, making sure I got every ones accounts created and the amount of tickets I got. it seems for the most part it is 100% working with the obi device. We had a few minor issues that seems to all be resolved.

We have also sold out of the engagement special and moved on to a new special which is 40$ now instead of the 30$. For those that are still thinking about signing up now is the time. After this deal sells out it is going up to to $55 and after that it is going back to our standard $95.00 a year or $9.99 a month.

If any one has any questions or concerns let me know.

Is the $40 special good for as long as we have your service or only good for the first year?
Edit:  Never mind found the answer.

voipmyway

Quote from: NerdUno on March 22, 2011, 05:37:53 AM
VoIP My Way: Best VoIP Bargain of the Year Or Is It? | Nerd Vittles

For those that emailed me I know this article exists. The creator contacted me last night and is actually a user of the service himself.

What he did not put in there is our other sources of income to help pay these bills. Such as investors and ad revenue on our free accounts. The idea on running these low deals is that on renewal that at least 50% of the people will renew at the standard rate. This will put the income way above what we have spent already, I will not give specific numbers here as that is private info for the investors and myself.

Right now our bills each month are running at a rate that the amount of sign ups are out weighing them allowing us to continue offering these deals even if we did not have the ad revenue or the investors.

The thing I find funny is he asked me to increase my stock of wedding specials so he can run a article. He also used generic numbers in his math that don't match up with my numbers / usage stats. He also did not take into effect that voipo (the wholesaler) gives a bunch of free minutes too each month to help us make a profit.

Side note about thinking of selling the company. Every company at some point gets bought out or buys others to increase their size and market share. If this was to ever happen the clients that are on the service will have their current rates honored. Though at the current time we are no longer thinking about doing this.

As I stated on other forums. If you got questions ask.

Loughary

Quote from: NerdUno on March 22, 2011, 05:37:53 AM
VoIP My Way: Best VoIP Bargain of the Year Or Is It? | Nerd Vittles

I might be wrong but this sure smells a lot like a shameless plug for his own website.   Considering that NerdUno posted the link and looks like he wrote the article or it at least is on his site...just not a fan of these type of misleading posts....but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.