News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Park and Forward Option since number will not port to GV

Started by BillS, February 16, 2012, 10:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillS

After porting my landline over to an AT&T GoPhone and ran into the issue that many seem to be having where GV cannot port my number.  :-[  Says they are unable to port numbers from my area.  I wish they would fix this soon.

So I temporarily set the GoPhone to forward the calls to my GV number.  That seems to work fine but I wil eventually run out of minutes. 

Looking for a inexpensive way to park and forward my main number to my GV number.  Wondering what other are using.  Do all vendors charge per minute when you park and forward?  I guess I was thinking once you forward the call its done with that vendor but I guess not.  Looking to see what other are doing.
Thanks much.

DaveSin

I think the cheapest would be to port your number to VOIPo Cloud Number at US$3.00 per month ($36 per year). with 300 minutes per month included. VOIPo doesn't charge for porting (....please double check this to see if this is still the case or is true for Cloud Numbers) .

They also have a special going for $129 for 24-months, which is probably a better deal since it includes e911 and 60 Min Free Intl Calls Per Month to 40 countries, Free 2nd Line, Unlimited In/Outgoing*.  You would setup this on SP2 and no need for forwarding (no need to get their Free Adapter which must be returned upon closing your account).

http://www.voipo.com/cloudnumbers.php   - Cloud Numbers

http://www.voipo.com/voip.php     - Special - today only

This is if you MUST keep your existing number.  My question is, is it worth it?  Why not contact your "Contacts" and inform them of your new number....that is what I did and it doesn't cost anything!  ;D ?

BillS

Thanks for the information.

Giving up the number is an option I'm evaluating.   Just didn't want mess with updating dr's, family, friends, etc with new number.    Would have been great if GV would have been able to port it. 

Thanks again.

Stewart

Where is your AT&T number located?  Please post the first seven digits, including the area code, e.g. 212-345-6xxx.

Assuming that we can find a provider that can port that number, why do you want to "park and forward" it?  It will likely be less expensive, more reliable and higher quality if that number rings directly to your OBi.