News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

connected but 'no service'

Started by brookefox, January 29, 2012, 01:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brookefox

Obi dashboard status of 100 is 'offline'; GV status is 'connected'. GV calling from browser works. When trying to dial out, dial tone is present, but get 'no service is availalble'. When call the GV number from another line, get no ring and message 'the GV subscriber is not available.'

Please advise.

RonR

Can you reach the echo test server by dialing? : **9 222 222 222

If so, your OBi is connected to the Internet and operational.  Log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 with a username/password of admin/admin (the password my have been changed by the OBiTALK Web Portal and is listed there).  Does SP1 Status on the OBi Main Status page report Connected?

brookefox

Thanks, no can do.

Get 'no service available.'

SP1 status is 'connected'.

RonR

Remove your OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal Dashboard and do not re-add it.

System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration

After the OBi reboots, verify that OBiTALK Service Status on the Main Status page reports Normal (User Mode) and then try : **9 222 222 222

brookefox

Sorry... How do I do that?

Got the IP address from dialing ***1.

RonR

Quote from: brookefox on January 29, 2012, 03:50:23 PM
Sorry... How do I do that?

Got the IP address from dialing ***1.

Just like you did when you looked at SP1 Status on the OBi's Main Status page:

Quote from: brookefox on January 29, 2012, 02:48:41 PM
SP1 status is 'connected'.

brookefox

I removed the device, so dashboard page 1 shows only the soft phone...
Status refers to a device (or service), of which there is now no other...??

I see now I was not clear. I was asking how to 'Log into the OBi directly and reset it to factory defaults.'

RonR

Now log into the OBi directly/locally at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  The Main Status page that's first displayed is where you were supposed to be looking at the SP1 Status, not on the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Navigate to:

System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration

and reset the OBi to factory defaults.

After it reboots, verify that OBiTALK Service Status on the Main Status page reports Normal (User Mode) and then try : **9 222 222 222

brookefox

Dialing on my phone ***1 gets me to a message telling me my IPA. Where should I see a status page and where should I do this navigation?

Quote from: RonR on January 29, 2012, 04:16:23 PM
Now log into the OBi directly/locally at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  The Main Status page that's first displayed is where you were supposed to be looking at the SP1 Status, not on the OBiTALK Web Portal.

RonR

Quote from: brookefox on January 29, 2012, 04:58:32 PM
Dialing on my phone ***1 gets me to a message telling me my IPA. Where should I see a status page?

Use that IP address in your web browser as if it were a web site.  Login using admin/admin.  The page that comes up is the OBi Main Status page.

brookefox

Sorry... I did try that a while back, and was not connected. I will try again.

Now I get same failure with multiple tries: 'The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.'

RonR

Quote from: brookefox on January 29, 2012, 05:05:10 PM
Sorry... I did try that a while back, and was not connected. I will try again.

If you've reset the OBi to factory defaults and its main status page does not show the OBiTALK Service status as "Normal (User Mode)", the OBi is almost certainly not communicating with the Internet.

brookefox

Light on box is intermittent green, mostly off. Switching cables with one known working doesn't alter that, and cable that was on obi works fine elsewhere.

RonR

The real test is to see the OBi's Main Status page shows the OBiTALK Service status as "Normal (User Mode)" and be able to reach the echo test at: **9 222 222 222

brookefox

Uh, I powered down and up and that allowed me to proceed to a successful echo test. Tomorrow I'll proceed.

brookefox