News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to add a OBI100 to Circle of Trust of another OBI110?

Started by Jeff47, February 19, 2012, 01:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff47

I have an OBI110 and an OBI100. I want to take my OBI100 out of contry, so I can call from my OBI100 (outside of US) to my OBI110 (in US), and then call out to other phones in US for free.

I have been able to add landline, cell phone, gmail account to Circle of Trust, and make new calls through Auto Attendant. But, I have NOT been able to do the same for my OBI100, and get Auto Attendent to respond (the phone attached to my OBI110 will just ring).

I have tried the following:
(1) gmail acccount associated with my OBI100
(2) 9-digit OBI device number, with or without 9.
(3) soft phone number.

None of them works for me.

RonR

Add the following rule to your OBi110:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {300123456:aa},...

where 300123456 is the OBiTALK number of your OBi100.

Call your OBi110 from your OBi100 by dialing : **9 200123456

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of your OBi110.

Jeff47

I am a novice OBi user. I simply tried to add my OBI100 number to OBI110 Trusted Caller as I described under OBi Dashboard, but failed.

I am guessing you are talking about entering Expert Configuartion (by clicking OBi Home Phone, Device Configuartion). Then, click "OBiTALK service" (under "Voice Service" at the left menu tree). Is that correct? There, I did find InBoundCallRoute. It has a value of {(290830456)>(xx,):SP1},{290830456):aa},{ph}, and a red "!" next to the field. The "OBiTALK Settings" was toggled on with a "*" symbol next to it. I don't know what these mean, and when I attempted to modify the value by adding {300729335:aa} to it, it did not take any change.

Could you describe the steps to add {300729335:aa} in more details, or point me to document section that explain how to do it? Thank you in advnace!

RonR

The quickest and easiest way to configure the OBi is to simply log into IP address returned by dialing ***1 and configure it directly.  In order to do so, you will also need to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

If you feel you must use the more diffiicult approach of using the OBiTALK Web Portal, the instructions can be found in this post : OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

jimates

Jeff47,

You must first, uncheck the box under the Obitalk Settings. This will automatically select the "Device Default" box. Uncheck that box also and then you can edit the contents of the field.