News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED: 3-Way Calling via Google Voice Fails

Started by RonR, March 01, 2011, 08:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

SP1/ITSPA : Google Voice (MaxSessions = 2)

SP2/ITSPB : VoIP Provider (MaxSessions = 2)

3-Way Calling is successful placing both calls via SP2.

3-Way Calling is successful placing one call via SP2 and one call via SP1 (either order).

3-Way Calling is unsuccessful placing both calls via SP1, resulting in an OBi response of:

"There is no service available to complete your call."

In all cases, **1 and **2 was used to ensure the call was routed via the desired port.

ShermanObi

3-Way Calling with Google Voice works.
Please, can you test again. 
OBi110
Firmware 1.1.0 (1892)

RonR

I'm currently running build 1945.  I'd be happy to revert to 1892 and test again, but the DigitMaps required for use with my VoIP provider rely on the fixes in 1945.  If I revert to 1892 without a way to restore the fixes contained in 1945, I'll lose the ability to use my VoIP provider with the OBi.  It would be a lot of work to undo all the changes I've made here which now rely on a functioning OBi.

Any suggestions you might have are welcome.

RonR

I just ran the aforementioned tests again (using build 1945). 3-Way calling reliably fails as described when using only Google Voice.  Please advise how you'd like to proceed.

OBi-Guru

Firmware 1892 has 3 way calling capability on GV but it won't work with your particular digit map issue.
We've upgraded your device to a newer test firmware that allows 2 session GV calls + digit map fix.

RonR

The newer test firmware you pushed a little earlier today does in fact fix the 3-Way calling problem using Google Voice only that is present in buld 1945.

Thank you!

jschramm

How exactly do you make a 3-way call with Google Voice.  I saw an official Google Voice video but that showed it with incoming calls on an Android phone.  Is there a way to initiate a 3-way call?

RonR

From page 13 of the OBi Device Administration Guide (OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf):

3-Way Calling

3-Way Calling allows you to talk to two parties at the same time with everyone on a telephone at a different location. To use 3-Way Calling, when you are in a call with another party and want to add a second to the conversation, press the "flash" button or depress and release the switch hook on your phone. You will be presented with a second dial tone and the first party will be placed on hold. Dial the second party. When they answer, you will be able to inform them that you intend to connect them with the first party (now on hold) and have a conference. At this point press the "flash" button or depress and release the switch hook on your phone. This will connect the first party, the second party and yourself. You can all continue to talk together.

Call Transfer (Attended)

You can transfer a call to a third party using the attended transfer capabilities of the OBi. To use Attended Call Transfer, while in a call with the party who will be transferred, press the "flash" button or depress and release the switch hook on your phone. You will be presented with a second dial tone. The party who will be transferred will be placed on hold. Dial the transfer target. When the transfer target answers, you will be able to inform them that you intend to connect them with the party on hold. At this point press the "flash" button or depress and release the switch hook on your phone. This will connect the party to be transferred, the transfer target and yourself. You can continue to talk together, as this is now a 3-way call, or you can hang up the phone and the other two parties will remain connected.

drjdawg

my original called party cannot hear when I attempt to connect them to a three way call using Google voice.
1. I call party one from Google voice and tell them I'm making a three way call
2. I press the flash button and call second party
3. I tell second party that I'm going to connect the three way call and press flash button
4. Party one cannot hear the conversation but stays connected until I terminate the call

I have two other sip providers, Local Phone and VoIPMyWay. The three way calling on those two providers works flawlessly on separate OBi110. I have the same problem on both of two OBi110 using two separate Google voice accounts.

I have firmware 1.3.0 – 2690. I reset the OBi110 and reconfigured Google voice from scratch. I still have the same problem. My suspicion is that this problem started with firmware 2690.

RonR

drjdawg,

Is one or both of the called parties a cell phone?  I can reproduce your problem when the called parties are cell phones but not when the destinations are landlines.

drjdawg

Yes, all the calls were either to one or two mobiles, Verizon Wireless. I have not tested with non-cellphones. I will test.