News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Short Pause

Started by lysn, February 02, 2012, 11:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lysn

Hi,
I just received my obi100 yesterday and so far its been ok except that I am getting a short pause(no sound) every 3 sec or so during a call.
What might be the problem?

Stewart

I'm assuming that you are using Google Voice.  If not, who is your VoIP provider?

With the OBi shut down and you call from Gmail, do you have the same problem?  If so, it's obviously not related to the OBi; post details about your ISP, modem, router, etc.

Does your dial tone have pauses?

When you call the echo test **9 222 222 222, does that have pauses?

lysn

Yes I use google voice. I never had this problem on my computer.
Dial tone, echo test had no problem either.

Ill use it for a while and see what might be the problem.

Stewart

Make a test call to 1-415-421-0020.  This should play a loud tone for nine seconds out of every ten.  If there are any unexpected gaps, they should be obvious.

If the test call is bad, try setting the OBi to full duplex, as described by RonR: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2164.msg13632#msg13632 .  If no luck, try another phone; if available, use a single-line line-powered corded phone.  If still no luck, test with OBi connected directly to modem (and post details about ISP, modem make/model and router make/model).

If the test call is good, retest to one of your problematic destinations, trying both the OBi and Gmail.  If bad with Gmail (and you're sure the trouble is not on the remote end), try to get some support from Google.  Otherwise, you've got a pretty tough problem, which will probably require capturing traffic to troubleshoot.

lysn

Test call was good. The problem occured when I called 2 local stores and I cant just call them again to only test, so I will use it normally for a while and see how it goes.
Will post back again if problem continues.
Thanks for the help.