News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

7 digit dialing with callcentric

Started by jsgoti, February 02, 2012, 07:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsgoti

I haven't been able to find an answer to this question in the forum...so this is an attempt to get a clear answer.  I hope its helpful for others.

Is it possible to set up 7-digit dialing with Callcentric SP?  If so, what is the digitmap? Do any other settings need to be adjusted?

Note: The Callcentric website states that they do not offer 7-digit dialing but that it may be possible to set it up using the ATA (i.e. Obi110 in my case).

Thanks for any insights you all can provide.  I love my Obi!!!

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X -> General -> DigitMap:

(*123|**275*xx.|[2-9]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Michael_Reeder

I'm trying to follow the same advice for my Future-Nine line.

Under Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X -> General -> DigitMap I originally had:
(*xx.|911|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Following the idea above, I add <1443> to make:
(*xx.|911|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1443>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

After I submit my changes, the string is changed back to the original form and <1443> is deleted.  I've tried this a few times.

What gives?

Thanks,
Michael

restamp

My guess is that you're making the changes over your OBi's local web server, but have left your device registered at obitalk.com.  You can't have it both ways, because obitalk.com keeps trying diligently to catch and correct any discrepancies it finds on your box.  You either have to use the obitalk.com interface to make the changes (in expert mode), or go onto the local web server to « System Management -> Auto Provisioning » and disable all the "Update" and "Provisioning" options.

Michael_Reeder

restamp - Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I'm making all changes in the obitalk.com interface in expert mode.

I enter the changes under "Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X -> General -> DigitMap" in obitalk.com expert mode for the device, and then when I click the "Save" button the changes are removed and the item is returned to the original version.

???

drgeoff

Quote from: Michael_Reeder on May 01, 2016, 11:04:56 AM
restamp - Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I'm making all changes in the obitalk.com interface in expert mode.

I enter the changes under "Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X -> General -> DigitMap" in obitalk.com expert mode for the device, and then when I click the "Save" button the changes are removed and the item is returned to the original version.

???

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11211.msg73580#msg73580

Michael_Reeder

drgeoff -- Thanks for link.  Okay, I shall await a server reboot to settle the wobbly.  Barring that, maybe I'll feel like deleting and re-adding the service.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael_Reeder

drgeoff and all -- Yup, that did it.  Waited a day or two and the same thing I tried before worked after rebooting of servers.