News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bridge incomming PSTN call to a Voip Service

Started by SureshT, February 06, 2012, 02:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SureshT

HI,
I have sucessfully setup my OBhi 110 to connect my PSTN line and Googel Voice service. i am looking to configuring my Obhi device so i can make a call to my PSTN line and then bridge the call to connect to a different # using my GV. simlar to what we can do using the ObhiTalk App  but i want to use my PSTN line instead of the spftphone

ex: PSTN line # +1-212-555-5555
     GV line# +1 510-555-5555

I want to able to call my 212-555-5555 from an external phone and then dial out a new number ex: +1 610-555-5555 from my GV number.. is this possible to setup on Obhi device ?

any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Stewart

Setting Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute to {ph,sp1(16105555555)} will cause all incoming calls on the PSTN line to ring both the phone connected to the OBi and 1-610-555-5555, using GV.  Whichever is answered first would get the call.

DaveTap

It sounds like you just want to call your PSTN or GoogleVoice line and have the OBi connect it to an outside line for placing calls. If that's the case all you have to do is:
1. Go to Obitalk.com Dashboard and 2nd down on left add the OBi to your account
2. On the left 4th down add your cell phone to your "trusted caller" list.
3. In the device list click on the name you gave your OBi (or the gear all the way on the right)
4. Click on the Service Provider associted with GoogleVoice
5. Check the box that says "Make This The Primary Line To Call Out"
6. At bottom of window click "Submit"
7. Call in to POTS line. Obi should answer saying Press 1 to continue this call, Press 2 to place a new call...
8. Press 2 and enter the number to call (or a speed dial number form your list)

Stewart

Sorry, I had misunderstood your question; my earlier post was not useful.

If you want to call in and then place an outbound call to an arbitrary number, it may be easier for you to just call your GV number, press 2 at the main GV menu, then dial your destination number.  This does not involve the OBi at all and should result in a higher quality call with less latency.

In the example you gave (New York landline number and California GV number), it could be useful to go through the OBi, e.g. if calling from a New York landline without unlimited long distance.  However, if you did that a lot, just get a second GV account, with a New York number.

SureshT

Trusted Caller List did the trick.. I added my cell to the list and i get the obhi attendant menu to make another call... thank you for your suggestions..

Obi Rocks!

Albert

Dear Stewart and RonR
I Finaly can forward incoming PSTN call to Voip Service.
Line Port-> Calling Features-> CallForwardUnconditionalEnable
Line Port-> Calling Features-> CallForwardUnconditionalNumber-> SP1(my_cell_phone)
I have two issues:
1) After 5 or 6 ring on PSTN call finaly forward to my my_cell_phone
2) I cant pick up this. Call ring me one or two and missed inmediatly while another party (PSTN) even ring.
Incoming about 4 missed call from only one PSTN call
I appreciate for your help
Albert