News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Power Supply for OBI110 went bad

Started by kae36, February 06, 2012, 08:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kae36

Has anyone else had the power supply for the OBI go bad?  I bought two OBI110 devices and had configured one. I was going to give the other one to my mom. Anyway, I came home and the first device was dead.  I thought that was a little strange.  So, I plugged in the second device.  It was dead too.  So I took out the second device's power supply. I plugged it in the same outlet and plugged it into the second OBI110 and it powered up just fine. I unplugged the second OBI110 and plugged in the first OBI110 and the first OBI110 worked fine on the second OBI's power supply.  So, my conclusion was that the first OBI110's power supply died.

I took the bad power supply and plugged it into different outlets and never could get it to work. It seemed to be totally dead. I'm not sure why I plugged it in to so many different outlets, because it didn't work in the outlet that was working for the other power supply. I guess I was hoping that it wasn't dead.

Anyone else have this problem?  I've seen power supplies fail, but usually it's only after I've been using them for a long time.  This is the first time one died so quickly after it came out of the box.

Also, anyone know if the power supply is covered under the warranty?

Thanks!

infin8loop

Quote from: kae36 on February 06, 2012, 08:21:00 PM
Also, anyone know if the power supply is covered under the warranty?

Submit an official support ticket here:  http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketForm.php

Other(s) in the forum have indicated that a new power supply was sent to them, so you might want to include your mailing address in the support ticket to expedite the process.  Balance their response to any original retailer return window you might still be in (if any).

"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher