News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CID not forwarding from Sp2 to line

Started by bhdira, February 07, 2012, 07:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhdira

I have my sp2 set to automatic forward all calls thru the line port to my cell phone by setting sp2 - X_InboundCallRoute to {li(xxxxxxxxxxx)} but instead of getting the CID of the person who is calling me I am getting the CID of my line.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

RonR

You can't spoof CallerID on the LINE Port.

Stewart

To pass caller ID when forwarding with an OBi, you need to use a provider that allows you to supply caller ID in the From header.  AFAIK, there are no free ones.  Possibilities include Voxbeam, FlowRoute and maybe CallWithUs.  What provider do you have on SP1?  On SP2?  What is cost, if any, to call your mobile from your landline?  What are the first 3 digits of your mobile number (after the 972)?  (I am assuming that this is the same OBi, in Israel, mentioned in your other post.  If not, what country is it in and who is your cell carrier?)

jimates

Quote from: bhdira on February 07, 2012, 07:03:19 AM
I have my sp2 set to automatic forward all calls thru the line port to my cell phone by setting sp2 - X_InboundCallRoute to {li(xxxxxxxxxxx)} but instead of getting the CID of the person who is calling me I am getting the CID of my line.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
The Obi bridges the calls by placing a new call on your line port. Since it is a new outgoing "line port" call that is the caller id you will get.

bhdira

The sp1 and sp2 I am using is google voice
Can someone add feature request for this?

RonR

Quote from: bhdira on February 07, 2012, 02:51:04 PM

Neither your landline telephone company nor Google Voice allow you to set an outgoing CallerID.  The OBi has no say in the matter.

Stewart

To pass caller ID as you requested, you would need a SIP provider, which is not possible when both SP1 and SP2 are filled with GV.  Please explain how you are using the two GV accounts (why you need two); there may be a way to retain the desired functionality without needing both SPx slots.

Also, from my previous post, please answer:
What is cost, if any, to call your mobile from your landline?  What are the first 3 digits of your mobile number (after the 972)?  (I am assuming that this is the same OBi, in Israel, mentioned in your other post.  If not, what country is it in and who is your cell carrier?)

bhdira

Quote from: Stewart on February 07, 2012, 04:46:17 PM
To pass caller ID as you requested, you would need a SIP provider, which is not possible when both SP1 and SP2 are filled with GV.  Please explain how you are using the two GV accounts (why you need two); there may be a way to retain the desired functionality without needing both SPx slots.

Also, from my previous post, please answer:
What is cost, if any, to call your mobile from your landline?  What are the first 3 digits of your mobile number (after the 972)?  (I am assuming that this is the same OBi, in Israel, mentioned in your other post.  If not, what country is it in and who is your cell carrier?)

Not sure exact price but I dosent really matter because the way I want to use it is as follows. I am away in Israel for awhile but I still need to have full access to my gv/cell phone number in the usa so its setup that I have an Israel landline pluged into line port that when I call it sends me to aa which automatic uses sp2 (my gv) so I can call America for the price of calling a local landline. And also there is no charge for incoming calls like most places besides usa (bonus - my regular CID comes up on the person whom I'm calling) and for incoming what I want to do is setup sp2 to auto forward all calls to line port and line port is set to auto forward all calls to my Israel orange cell. Now the reason why price dosent matter is because I don't plan on answering the call. I just want to see the CID of the incoming call and calling them thru my "free" calling card.
Till now I was using localphone for .99 a month and it works perfect. Just trying to use the obi for free. Also worth mentioning that all that I am doing does not affect sp2 and the phone port at alll and can be done at the same time.

I don't see a good reason this dosent work because obi is obvious getting my incoming CID because if I set line to ph it does show up on the phone so why can't the obi just use forward that to the new line call?

Thanks for your help

jimates

I don't see a good reason this dosent work because obi is obvious getting my incoming CID because if I set line to ph it does show up on the phone so why can't the obi just use forward that to the new line call?

As I pointed out before. The Obi receives the correct caller id. The Obi then initiates a NEW, call using the Israel land line, to your cell. The call to your cell is a brand new Israel land line call that originated at the residence/place of the Obi, so the caller id received on the cell will be that of the Israel land line, not of the original caller.

The Obi only places the last call using the provided service, the same as if some else dialed your cell number from the Obi.

Stewart

Your last post mentions only GV on SP2.  What do you have on SP1 and how is it used?  I believe that there would be a good solution (possibly not even requiring you to call back), if one of those can be freed up.  What does it cost to call a landline from your cell phone?

VoxOx might be able to function as a free replacement for Localphone, though I don't know whether they will pass caller ID to your mobile.  Get a free VoxOx account and test by calling your mobile from their softphone.  One potential problem with VoxOx is that they have FAS (False Answer Supervision), so a GV number that forwards to VoxOx can't be answered anywhere else.