News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Sporadic Call Failures, e.g. "503 Issue"

Started by otherwhirl, February 07, 2012, 03:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otherwhirl

I'm not sure if this is an Obi or an GV issue.

Anyone else having similar issues?

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO HEAR THE ERROR MESSAGE:
http://freemobilesitetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Error-503.mp3

RonR

Who is your service provider?

A SIP error 503 is : Service Unavailable

RonR

No, your telephone service provider (Google Voice, Callcentric, etc.).

otherwhirl

RonR

Does every other call fail when originated from the Google Voice web page?

otherwhirl

Ok, let's start over.

This is happening from my Obi110. I am not using Gtalk (i meant to saying GV)

I am not placing calls from Google's webpage, but rather my phone handset.

Quote from: RonR on February 07, 2012, 04:00:13 PM
Does every other call fail when originated from the Google Voice web page?

S--F

Not sure what to say aside from what's in the title. I upgraded to the newest firmware today. The VM notifications work again, but I don't care too much about that. But now at least 1/2 of my incoming calls don't ring my phone. I get an email telling me I have a voicemail. I'm using Google Voice BTW.

Am I the only one? This started happening AS SOON as I upgraded. I was home all day and on the phone a lot so I am quite aware of when this began.

RonR

Quote from: otherwhirl on February 07, 2012, 04:11:35 PM
Ok, let's start over.

I understand that.  But if calls also fail from the Google Voice web page, the problem can't be with the OBi, can it?

karlboer

I've got the same problem.  All has been working fine until today.  Now all of the sudden, when I place a call I am getting a service unavailable message "reason 503".  My primary line out (sp2) is Google Voice.  If i press **2 (I have voip.ms connected to sp2), then I get through no problem.  It is definately related to the google voice / gmail setup through the OBI110.

We have two OBI110 devices, each tied into separate google voice service, and each also connected to a separate voip.ms account.  Both phones are having the same problem.

Any help?  Any suggestions?

karlboer

I can make a call from the google voice webpage with no issues.

Frank

The same thing is happening with me. I have GV configured so that incoming calls ring on my cell phone and my home cordless phones (through the Obi). About half of my incoming calls ring only on my cellphone and not my cordless phones. I am positive the callers are dialing my GV number, not my "hidden" cellphone number.

In addition, on outbound calls, I occasionally receive a 503 error. If I immediately redial, sometimes the calls go through.

This is a major problem that may be affecting everyone using the Obi with Google Voice.

Obitalk folks, please look into this!

Telefon

Quote from: otherwhirl on February 07, 2012, 03:22:41 PMAnyone else having similar issues?

I am having this issue on both of my obi/google.voice phones. When I dial out the obi auto attendant says that "the call was rejected by your service provider "reason 503." Receiving calls is also hit or miss.

otherwhirl

Please pardon my 'noobie'ish' ways.... as i'm definitely new to all of this RonR (and everyone else :P)

Hey, but this how i'm learning!

Thanks

Quote from: RonR on February 07, 2012, 04:17:58 PM
Quote from: otherwhirl on February 07, 2012, 04:11:35 PM
Ok, let's start over.

I understand that.  But if calls also fail from the Google Voice web page, the problem can't be with the OBi, can it?

Utopium

I am getting the 503 error as well. I got it today when dialing an 800 number and figured maybe it was just Google Voice not liking certain 800 numbers so I just called it on my cell phone. After seeing this though I gave the same number a few tries and it does seem to be about 50/50 for a successful call or a 503 error.

BNizzle

I too am being affected by this.  Very disturbing that this is happening.  I hope that it gets resolved soon.

RonR

FWIW, the problem is reproducible here also.

Here's what the 503 error looks like in the Syslog:

[Feb 08 00:09:55]<7> GTT:call state changed from 0 to 2
[Feb 08 00:09:55]<7> GTALK:sess callsess_36 state changed from 0 to 2
[Feb 08 00:09:55]<7> [CPT] --- FXS h/w tone generator (reorder)---
[Feb 08 00:09:55]<7> GTALK:sess callsess_37 state changed from 2 to 6
[Feb 08 00:09:55]<7> GTALK:not redirect or redirect with no content:503!
[Feb 08 00:09:55]<7> [CPT] --- FXS h/w tone generator (reorder)---
[Feb 08 00:09:55]<7> RTP:Del Channel
[Feb 08 00:09:55]<7> [CPT] --- FXS h/w tone generator (ringback)---
[Feb 08 00:09:55]<7> [CPT] --- FXS s/w tone generator (sit_1) ---

OBiSupport

When the OBi announcement makes the "Service Unavailable" 503 message is is is not an issue with your OBi device's operation.  The OBi is simply providing some additional context as to why the particular call cannot be completed by the service provider (we feel this is a bit better than returning a generic busy signal or other special information tone).

That said, we are studying this particular issue.  As well, please look to the GV Help Forum for more information.

The 503 error may indicate service being unavailable temporarily on the Google Voice connection. And yes, a redial of the same number might make the call go through.

OBiSupport

When the OBi announcement makes the "Service Unavailable" 503 message is is is not an issue with your OBi device's operation.  The OBi is simply providing some additional context as to why the particular call cannot be completed by the service provider (we feel this is a bit better than returning a generic busy signal or other special information tone).

That said, we are studying this particular issue.  As well, please look to the GV Help Forum for more information.

The 503 error may indicate service being unavailable temporarily on the Google Voice connection. And yes, a redial of the same number might make the call go through.

S--F

Quote from: OBiSupport on February 07, 2012, 11:56:38 PM

Well I'm not getting a 503 error. The phone isn't ringing. Any input on that?