News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bridged calls not disconnecting

Started by mrjoe, February 08, 2012, 04:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

I have configured my Obi (with help from RonR) to divert to my Skype to Go Access number in the US using Google Voice, when I call my Israeli Landline from my Cell.
This works great, the only problem is when it comes to hanging up.
It doesn't hang up even when I (or the Transferred Caller) disconnects!
This means when calling Company IVRs etc. My call continues indefinitely(within the Obi) after hanging up.
I transferred a call from my Israeli Landline to Skype and watched as it stayed active for about 10 minutes  before manually removing the call myself from the CP, when the caller hung up after 2 or 3.
Please could someone advise me on this.
Thanks

mrjoe

Thanks, but that is what prompted me to ask the question on my own.
That doesn't seem to be my problem.

Stewart

What does the remote party hear when you hang up the calling cell phone?  If there is no disconnect tone, and CPC doesn't work, either (try setting CPCTimeThreshold down to 200), try tweaking the silence detection parameters.

Otherwise, please post:  Where are you ultimately calling with this lashup?  What services do you have on your OBi, besides GV and the landline?

mrjoe

Thank you Stewart for your response.

There is a Tone which is unlike the Guy's in the post you linked me to.
It is similar though and changes after some time to something more 'urgent'.

I did a search on Google for Disconnect Pattern Tone Israel and found this:

400@-6400@-19;3(.5/.5/1+2)

I have tried putting that in and it causes the Obi to reboot when I try to call it.
I have tried removing the @ and tried changing it a bit, this stops the rebooting but it doesn't work.
How can I format this so that it will work and not cause a reboot.
Thanks very much.

Stewart

Please record a sample of the actual tones and I'll take a look.

Also: Where are you ultimately calling with this lashup?  What services do you have on your OBi, besides GV and the landline?  I'm asking, because there may be a way to do the same thing, without involving the landline (or perhaps even the OBi).

mrjoe

I have an Israeli PSTN (really a Closed VOIP provider that simulates a PSTN line in every way) on the Line port, the device it uses is a AudioCodes MP-252 BW.
Google Voice on SP2
Voipfone with my own UK DID going to it's SIP address on SP1

I have an Israeli VoIP provider that I could use but I need my UK & US lines on the Obi.

I also have a PAP2T which I stopped using when I got my Obi110.

I use the Freetalk Connect•me Skype ATA for my Outgoing calls, I pay $11 per month for Unlimited World.
Plugged in to that is Line 2 of my PSTN, both lines ring Simultaneously when a call comes in.
I have setup that when I call from my Cell, Line 2 should ring a busy line so that the phone should not ring.

I also use Skype from my Cell using "the Old Skype to Go" but since they don't have an access no. in Israel I have setup Obi to 'divert' my Cell to Skype's US Access No. Using GV, Which allows me to call as I please using my Cells Free Local Minutes.

Thanks

Stewart

Get a free VoxOx account and get a free iNum for it.  Set it up to forward to your Skype access number in US.  Turn off Personal Assistant, Call Screening and Present Incoming Call Options.  Test by calling the iNum via iNum gateway (03 721 9555).

Get a free Localphone account and associate your Israel mobile with it.  Set up the VoxOx iNum as a Contact.  In Local Numbers, set your Location to Israel (Tel Aviv).  You'll see an 03 721 xxxx number for the contact.  Call that from your Israel mobile and it should ring directly to Skype.

mrjoe

Sounds good but do Voxox not charge for diverting to the US?

Stewart

Quote from: mrjoe on February 09, 2012, 12:07:28 PM
Sounds good but do Voxox not charge for diverting to the US?
Well, they don't charge my account.  I don't believe that's a mistake -- they are trying to compete with GV, so the "ring all my phones" stuff is free (to US and Canada), even though they charge if you make outgoing calls to the same numbers.

mrjoe

mrjoe

I set up an iNum #
In Manage your Numbers I added the Access #
Unticked the first #

I couldnt see any of the Settings you mentioned either.

When I call it does not put me through to the Skype Access # it rings a for a short while before putting me through to a Voicemail.

I would really like to use that.
There is another problem here, I need to present Skype with a US Caller ID for them to allow me to make calls through my account.
I doubt that will happen with this setup.

Thanks

Stewart

Quote from: mrjoe on February 09, 2012, 12:40:56 PMI couldnt see any of the Settings you mentioned either. ...
There is another problem here, I need to present Skype with a US Caller ID for them to allow me to make calls through my account.

Download and run the VoxOx softphone.  Go to File->Preferences.  Select Phone on the left.  On the General tab, uncheck all the boxes.  On the My Phones tab, you'll find the same settings as on the Web portal.  Check Find Me and Call for the desired forwarding number.  On the Caller ID tab, check Show my VoxOx Number.  Click Apply.

If you still have trouble, temporarily change the forwarding to a US DID of yours, so you can see how it is behaving.

Stewart

Quote from: mrjoe on February 09, 2012, 11:37:17 AM
I have an Israeli PSTN (really a Closed VOIP provider that simulates a PSTN line in every way) on the Line port, the device it uses is a AudioCodes MP-252 BW.
That device seems to be using a disconnect tone cadence that's twice as fast as standard.  So, try setting LINE Port -> DisconnectTonePattern to 400-30;10;(.25+.25)

If no luck, I'll look at the howler tone.

mrjoe

Stewart,
Sorry, just got a chance to check it now.
It works like a Charm.  It disconnects 2 seconds after I hang up every time!!!

I really appreciate your input on this, you have really helped me.
I'd be interested to know how you worked this one out.

Thank you very much.
mrjoe

Stewart

400-30;10;(.25+.25) means:

400 Hz, -30 dBm minimum level, plays 10 seconds, cadence is 0.25 seconds on, 0.25 seconds off.

The only parameters that need to be customized are frequency, on time and off time.

Opening the recording in an audio editor (Audacity is a good free one), you can easily measure on and off time.  Most editors can meaure frequency and/or show a spectral plot.  If yours can't, or if the signal is noisy, just zoom in and count the number of cycles in a short interval, e.g. 20 or 50 milliseconds.

mrjoe

Quote from: Stewart on February 09, 2012, 12:03:56 PM
Get a free VoxOx account and get a free iNum for it.  Set it up to forward to your Skype access number in US.  Turn off Personal Assistant, Call Screening and Present Incoming Call Options.  Test by calling the iNum via iNum gateway (03 721 9555).

Get a free Localphone account and associate your Israel mobile with it.  Set up the VoxOx iNum as a Contact.  In Local Numbers, set your Location to Israel (Tel Aviv).  You'll see an 03 721 xxxx number for the contact.  Call that from your Israel mobile and it should ring directly to Skype.

I just got round to trying this and it works great, I dial from my 03 xxx xxxx from my Cell (it produces a US number for CLI which Skype recognises as mine) and I receive the Skype menu.... here is where the problem starts.
It will not accept any from of DTMF, I even tried using a Tone Dialer!

What do you think is the deal?

Do you think it is something that they did intentionally to stop people doing this type of thing?

Thanks

Stewart

Quote from: mrjoe on February 18, 2012, 02:11:16 PMIt will not accept any from of DTMF, I even tried using a Tone Dialer!

What do you think is the deal?
A quick test shows that a VoxOx forward no longer passes DTMF.  Sorry that I didn't test it before recommending this approach.  I don't know whether VoxOx is doing this on purpose.

You could either revert to calling via your pseudo-landline, or you could set up an iNum which rings to your OBi.  The OBi could recognize the combination of your cell phone caller ID and the destination, and route directly to Skype (via GV).

There might be an alternative to your Skype plan that is better quality, less hassle and/or less expensive.  What is your approximate monthly minutes usage?  What countries are you calling the most?  Landlines or cellular?