News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice will not ring Obi, goes straight to voicemail

Started by AndreaM, February 12, 2012, 06:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndreaM

Since I searched these forums for days to no avail, I thought I would share with everyone what I learned.  My google voice number will not ring the obi as long as I am signed into my cell phone's google voice mobile phone app and/or Talkatone app.  I thought it would ring both at the same time, but it does not...just either sends to the phone or voicemail but not the obi. 

Solution: I uninstalled the mobile phone apps and the obi rings through fine.  So, despite that google says it will ring "all your phones" using the same number, I think they have some work to do before that is true.

Hope this helps someone...

jimates

Talkatone, and the Obi are 3rd party items and google has no control or guarantee what can or will happen with them.

The Obi signs in with your google credentials and takes the place of your "google talk" phone. Talkatone does the same thing. Since they take the place of one of your phones they can't all work at the same time.

Obihai has an app (obion) that will work in conjunction with the Obi.

Any voicemail issues are at google voice. Google voice picks up the calls after 25 seconds (usually 4 - 5 rings).  No settings to change the ring times or even to turn it off.

kblgy

h, i am having this problem also, the answer above doesn't make sence to me at all, i do not wait, it doesn't ring cause it goes straight to voicemail, i checked eberything and i cannot make an outgoing call either, it says connected  on my screen but is not working .

jimates

Quote from: kblgy on October 18, 2012, 10:24:32 AM
h, i am having this problem also, the answer above doesn't make sence to me at all, i do not wait, it doesn't ring cause it goes straight to voicemail, i checked eberything and i cannot make an outgoing call either, it says connected  on my screen but is not working .
Can you place or receive a call from gmail or initiate a call from your google voice page using a different forwarding phone.

nekote

FWIW for future searchers.
And apologies from a noob for re-opening a long ago topic.

Sharing my experience.
I was panicked when everything went straight to GVmail.
My phone's VM waiting indicators would light up, but the phone never rang.
No way to accept incoming calls, directly.
Had to call everybody back and then play phone tag.

I tried a handful of stuff, including stuff in this thread.
No Luck.
And then I finished listening to an odd VM that was waiting.
The call had ended but only silence was recorded to the max time - no typical dial tone after call ended.
No idea why the end of call was not properly detected and recording terminated.
But, after listening to about 2 minutes of silence until end of recording reached, I punched 7 for message 'read' / send to archive.
Unless there was a spontaneous cure or I did something else that I didn't recognize / remember, that cured me.
I think.

So, somehow, when stuck on a max length VM to play / half listened to, it was as if a message was jammed?
Kind of like a print file stuck in a print que, I'm guessing.

Anyhow, my 2ยข