News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Home from Linked Physical Phone

Started by Heath, February 13, 2012, 08:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heath

Using Obi100 at home with no POTS, and it's working great but for one issue.  I have to have a physical phone for google voice so I used my work number (cell already dedicated to its own google voice number).  If I want to call my wife at home on the Obi, how do I do it from my work phone?  As it stands, it goes straight to voicemail.

Stewart

In GV Settings, Phones tab, click Edit for your work number, click Show advanced settings, under "Direct access to voicemail ...", select No.

Heath

Dude, seriously.  Works great now.  I'm such a newb (I swear it didn't work before).

This service is f'ing awesome.  I was using teltub's gHome to interface with Google Voice, and the voice delay was unbearable.  I was told to use teltub's tHome (basically thier home-grown SIP service) because it would be faster, but I was still having over a second of voice delay, and they couldn't get their act together on providing e911.  On a whim, I decided to pick up an obi100.  It's ridiculously great.  The voice delay is minimal (no worse than my cell), and I setup sp2 for e911 through call-centric.  Done and done.  WAY BETTER than teltub's service.

Thanks, guys.