News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Having native google chat in gmail /google talk app enabled in "invisible" mode

Started by maskedmuffin, January 12, 2012, 01:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maskedmuffin

Hi there:

First big ups to RonR for addressing my other query on google voicemail vs cordless phone voicemail. I locked that thead since he addressed my concern.

My next query is regarding gmail's integrated googletalk and/or googletalk independent' status. Currently since i have googletalk integrated in google voice under "Devices"  (as it must be per obi rules) the gmail chat client constantly shows my status as:

"Oops! You are not invisible because you're logged into Google Talk from another client, device, or location that doesn't support invisibility." I assume that to be my obi110.

Thus my friends see me as orange "away" and ping me often times through gmail chat.

Is there any way to change statuses to true invisible, or is the only recourse to disable the embedded gmail chat in gmail?

I would like to be able to toggle through my gmail embedded chat statuses and have it reflect on my contacts end , not have it overridden by obitalk as automatically "away" (orange).  I see this would happen if i used an external  app linked to my gmail account as well, such as trillian.

Anyone found solutions around this?

Mauro