News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does google voice allow caller id block?

Started by jeff_mdimension, February 13, 2012, 01:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff_mdimension

I'd like to shield my phone number from being displayed at the recipient's end.  It doesn't seem google voice allow this.  Can someone firm this or I might have missed something?

Thanks.

RonR

You cannot block Google Voice CallerID.

You could set up a second  Google Voice account and not assign an incoming number to it.  Calls placed from that account will have a CallerID of : (760) 705-8888

Rick

Quote from: RonR on February 13, 2012, 01:39:47 PM
You cannot block Google Voice CallerID.

You could set up a second  Google Voice account and not assign an incoming number to it.  Calls placed from that account will have a CallerID of : (760) 705-8888

Quite true.  However, you can also go into GV and block phone numbers, so even though you divulge your number to them when you call them, if you don't want them calling you you can block that.  I do that immediately after receiving a political call or charity or other bothersome telemarketing call.

Of course if they are spoofing the number "This is Judy from Duct Cleaning Services" or "You have won a cruise", you have no recourse except to swear at the recording and throw the phone through the window...