News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Don't get GV voicemail when calling from cell phone to my GV number

Started by lantern, February 14, 2012, 06:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lantern

Here is the scenario: cell phone number is in Trusted Circle so calling from cell phone to my GV number gets to OBi Attendant first, pressed 1 to continue the call, then it just ringed many times until failed, didn't get my GV voicemail. I meant to check my GV voicemail on my cell phone but obviously this didn't work. My cell phone is not Symbian based so cannot use OBiON.

Can someone tell me if this can be worked around through twisting setup configuration?

RonR

Quote from: lantern on February 14, 2012, 06:46:28 PM
Here is the scenario: cell phone number is in Trusted Circle so calling from cell phone to my GV number gets to OBi Attendant first, pressed 1 to continue the call, then it just ringed many times until failed, didn't get my GV voicemail.

Press 1 to continue the call instructs the Auto Attendant to bridge the call to the OBi PHONE Port.

If you want to check Google Voice voicemail, call your Google Voice number using your Google Voice trunk.

jimates

Quote from: lantern on February 14, 2012, 06:46:28 PM
Here is the scenario: cell phone number is in Trusted Circle so calling from cell phone to my GV number gets to OBi Attendant first, pressed 1 to continue the call, then it just ringed many times until failed, didn't get my GV voicemail. I meant to check my GV voicemail on my cell phone but obviously this didn't work. My cell phone is not Symbian based so cannot use OBiON.

Can someone tell me if this can be worked around through twisting setup configuration?
Once the Obi answers the call with the AA google voicemail will never pick up. You would have to press 2 with the AA and then call your google voice number again. Your google voice AVR will answer.

this is assuming you are calling out from the AA using the same google voice service.

You can set up a speed dial in the Obi for your google voice number and use that speed dial to access your voicemail from the AA or from the phone port.

Stewart

Quote from: lantern on February 14, 2012, 06:46:28 PM... cell phone number is in Trusted Circle so calling from cell phone to my GV number gets to OBi Attendant first ...
For what purpose(s) do you use the auto attendant access?

I'm asking, because you can of course set your account so calling the GV number from your cell phone goes directly to GV voicemail.  Then, you could either reach the OBi attendant by calling another free or paid DID associated with the OBi, or accomplish the above function in some other way.

lantern

Thanks to everyone above, understand the problem now. And yes, I'm calling out from the AA using the same GV service. Didn't realize I can do what Jimates mentioned, actually I just tried that and it worked! I need AA on because otherwise I won't be able to call my GV number which is my home phone number from my cell phone.

Thanks again for your quick support/help on this.