News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Noob with some questions

Started by sami, February 18, 2012, 08:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sami

(I accidentally posted this in the wrong sub-forum)

Hello all,

I Just received and installed my Obi today, and to be honest, I didn't do too much research on it before buying because I just needed a free land-line alternative for local calls, and Obi had the best reviews on Amazon.

But now that it's all up and running, I've started to read up on it a bit more, and am quickly realizing that it is a lot more powerful than what my original goal was..

One of the features that I am interested in is the Circle of Trust feature.

If I understand correctly, I would be able to use other devices, for example a cellphone, to make calls through my Obi device, right? And if so, would my cellphone minutes still tick down if I do this?

As far as long distance calling goes, I originally registered the device with Google Voice, and the rate to where I wanted to call was fairly cheap, but are there better alternatives?

Better yet, is there a better alternative to Google Voice overall?

Am I missing out on any big features by not having a land-line hooked up to the Obi?

And lastly, What are "end points" I currently have 2 things listed under "end points". 1st one is something called the soft phone, and the other is titled under my home phone, which is configured under my home phone.

Thanks in advance!

Stewart