News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Digit Map for Trusted callers

Started by larrybob, May 03, 2012, 10:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

I have a feature request to have the trusted callers list from the OBI Web Portal update a trusted caller digitmap.

This Map could then be inserted anywhere the trusted caller list was needed in the incoming call routes. I realize this can be done manually, but a large reason of the web portal is to allow non technical users to update their speed dial list and trusted callers list without disturbing the programing hidden behind the expert configuration.

Any change to the inbound call routing breaks the link between the trusted caller feature in the web portal, and the inbound call route, making the entire trusted caller feature unusable.

I have set up obi boxes for many people, they can still add speed dials but can not change the trusted caller list without having me do it for them. It would be wonderful if this feature could be returned to the users.

(One example of a small change which breaks this link is adding a call back feature to an incoming call up on hanging up.) OBi suggests this as a feature, put adding this destroys the usability of the trusted caller list.

If anyone else feels this would be helpful please please post here so the people at obi can see there is a need.

tmetro

This issue came up over in this thread:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2893.0

I understand why they'd implement it this way, but it seems worth while to isolate Trusted Caller lists from the call routing so the former can be maintained through the portal and the latter customized on the device.