News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

completely disable message waiting notification with GV

Started by Name, February 19, 2012, 10:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Name

The message waiting when there is no new message feature is annoying. I use google voice.
I began having these issues when I registered the device on the dashboard and checked the message waiting box.

Now, I would like to completely disable this feature. I have unchecked MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable, restarted the router, cleared the notification with no power obi110, nothing works.

What should I look at further?

Thanks,

Stewart

Log into the OBi directly and confirm that for SP1 Service (and SP2 service, if you use both) MWIEnable, X_VMWIEnable and MessageWaiting are all unchecked.  If that's all ok, please describe what annoying indication you are getting (stutter dial tone, flashing light on your phone, etc.)

Name

I logged in both OBI interface and here. There is no MessageWaiting function although it it described in the admin manual (older edition maybe, latest firmware).
Both MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable are unchecked (disabled).

Phone is blinking, stuttering dial tone.

Thanks,

Name

Sorry, I got confused with multi-tasking. I have now disabled these features in OBI interface.
Same issues.

Stewart

When logged in directly to the OBi (at the IP address reported when you dial ***1), MessageWaiting is not listed under SP1 Service -> Calling Features???  I'm running a somewhat old 1.3.0 (Build: 2586), but it's hard to believe that this was removed from the latest firmware.

Also, under Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port, try turning off MWIEnable and VMWIEnable.

If no luck, one option would be doing a factory reset and reloading the config.  Another would be to change Tone Profile A, so that Stutter Tone was the same as regular Dial Tone.

DaveSwartz

Not sure if I'm misreading your problem but I just resolved something possibly similar.  I was not able to clear the message waiting indicator status and had stutter dial tone and the indicator blinking even after manually clearing the MWI flag.  With help from Obihai, I realized that GV was reporting a positive VM count to the Obi110 even though voice prompts from GV said "No new Messages".  I logged into GV on the web and manually deleted all archived messages.  This cleared the problem. 

Name

I reloaded the config to obi, checked message waiting settings to be off, powered off OBI and deleted message waiting message on the phone. It did not solve this immediately, but after a couple of hours, I noted all errors were gone (ie. no more stuttering, blinking).