News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Updated, but lost dial tone

Started by ashish, March 07, 2011, 03:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashish

I received my Obi-110 yesterday and it setup very quickly. I could do the echo test successfully.

The trouble started when I set my obitalk and updated the firmware. After update, I cannot hear any dialtone. I setup my GV account, but it keeps on giving an error saying account could not be authenticated.

I reset the device by pushing the pinhole button, and now my obiltalk status shows online-unmanaged. No dial tone still.

Any clues?

RonR

System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration

System Management -> Network Settings -> LocalTimeZone : [your local time zone]

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : [your Google Voice username]

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : [your Google Voice password]

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Primary Line -> SP1 Service

Then reboot the OBi110.

ashish

Thanks. While trying to troubleshoot, I deleted the device hoping to add it back. Is there a way to add it again if there is no dial tone? As I understand, I need to dial **5 5182 to add it.

jimates

each time you add it you will be given a different number to dial **5 xxxx.
Reset the device using a paper clip in the bottom, hold it for 20 seconds. Then start over.

RonR

Quote from: ashish on March 07, 2011, 01:33:31 PM
Thanks. While trying to troubleshoot, I deleted the device hoping to add it back. Is there a way to add it again if there is no dial tone?
You don't need your OBi110 added to the OBiTALK Dashboard for any of it's telephone services to work.  Simply configure your OBi110 as I outlined above and it should work.  If it doesn't, it's not because your OBi110 isn't added to the OBiTALK web site.

ashish

I can't get the dial tone despite resetting the device  ???

ashish

Quote from: RonR on March 07, 2011, 04:04:31 PM
You don't need your OBi110 added to the OBiTALK Dashboard for any of it's telephone services to work.  Simply configure your OBi110 as I outlined above and it should work.  If it doesn't, it's not because your OBi110 isn't added to the OBiTALK web site.

Is there a way to configure the OBi110 if I can't hear a dialtone? I do not know the IP address of the OBi

RonR

It's beginning to sound like you're having problems with the telephone you have connected to the OBi110's PHONE port.  You didn't accidentally plug it in the LINE port, did you?

OBiSupport

Ashish,

We want to troubleshoot this further with you.
OBi support team will email you separately.

thanks
-Obihai Support Team

ashraf

I have the same case, my OBI110 was workign for almost 2 weeks but just today morning, I could not make a call from OBI 1 to OBI 2. While OBI 2 to OBI 1 is working fine. When I dial **9 222-222-222 from OBI 1 it gives me a busy tone while OBI 2 will reach OBI voice recorder & server.

I tried to reset my OBI hard & soft reset even delete & add again dialing *5 - xxxx and now when I open the dashboard it say OBI 2 online unmanage.

Can any one help me solve this issue.