News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help setting up Anveo on Obi 100

Started by scott81425, February 21, 2012, 06:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott81425

OK- I'm trying to set up Anveo simply for 911 calling. I have Google Voice set up, and everything works fine on my beloved Obi. But I've recently decided I'd like to have 911 calling on the Obi. I spoke with Anveo chat support, and the assistant (not sure if it was male or female) told me the settings to enter, but I have NO IDEA where to enter them. Can anyone give me detailed descriptions of where to enter the settings, and maybe even what settings to enter. The assist on the site wasn't familiar with the Obi software. I assume I go to the IP address of the device (192.168.1.X), but from there I'm completely clueless. I would like to keep Google voice on there for all calls with that number, just have this setup for in the event someone picks up the phone and pushes 911. Please help!

RonR

After logging into the OBi at 192.168.1.x, set the following:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Physical -> Interfaces ->PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

scott81425

Thank you so much for the response!

Don't I need to set it up as Service Provider 2? Just verifying. Right now, the only thing I have working is Google Voice, and that's all. Everything else is default. Thanks again.

RonR

Quote from: scott81425 on February 21, 2012, 07:03:15 PM
Don't I need to set it up as Service Provider 2? Just verifying. Right now, the only thing I have working is Google Voice, and that's all. Everything else is default.

If Google Voice is configured on SP1, then Anveo would have to be configured on SP2:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Anveo
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.anveo.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServerPort : 5010

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (sip username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> URI : (Default checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)

DaveTap

Don't forget to check the box for "Use This Service For Emergency 911 Calls"
Since you don't have any custom configuration to do and you have an OBiTalk account to access the forums you can also configure from your OBiTalk portal. Its a little more user friendly, and give you the advantage of being able to remotely fix settings.

Robert.Thompson

I would like to confirm the settings for Anveo 911, is the following correct:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
To:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
To:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Where, after logging into my Obi at 192.168.1.x , do I check the box "Use This Service For Emergency 911 Calls" ?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

RonR

Quote from: Robert.Thompson on February 22, 2012, 08:31:27 AM
I would like to confirm the settings for Anveo 911, is the following correct:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
To:

The first one is correct for an OBi110.  The second one is correct for an OBi100 with 911 support.

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
To:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

The first one is the Default OutboundCallroute for an OBi110.  The second one is an OutboundCallroute for an OBi100 with 911 on SP2.  For an OBi110 with 911 support on SP2:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Where, after logging into my Obi at 192.168.1.x , do I check the box "Use This Service For Emergency 911 Calls" ?

There is no such setting in an OBi.  "Use This Service For Emergency 911 Calls" is a configuration option on the OBiTALK Web Portal and is not applicable when configuring the OBi directly at 192.168.1.x.

Robert.Thompson

Thanks Ron.

So, to confirm for an OBi 110, I just need to change the 'Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute: ' settings to what you have provided and that is all that I should do.

Thanks,

Rob
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

RonR

Quote from: Robert.Thompson on February 22, 2012, 11:42:02 AM
So, to confirm for an OBi 110, I just need to change the 'Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute: ' settings to what you have provided and that is all that I should do.

The following change is all that should be needed on an OBi110 in order for 911 calls to be routed to the SP2 Service instead of the LINE Port:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

No changes are required to the Default Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap.

dhfobi

RonR,

I have just set up Avneo per your above settings for the OBi100 and it works except that they do not receive my telephone number.
I entered the number 303xxxyyyy as the callerIDName in the OBi SP2 service page, is that correct or should I enter my name or number somewhere else?
The Avneo Account setup page indicates Outbound Caller ID is from the SIP device so I'm not sure where to enter it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Everton

Did you purchase a DID (Number) from Anveo?  Is the 303xxxyyyy your GV number?  If you did not purchase a number from Anveo, the number the 911 operator sees is a "generic number" that will ring your phone in the event of a callback from them.

Quote from: dhfobi on February 26, 2012, 06:06:47 PM
RonR,

I have just set up Avneo per your above settings for the OBi100 and it works except that they do not receive my telephone number.
I entered the number 303xxxyyyy as the callerIDName in the OBi SP2 service page, is that correct or should I enter my name or number somewhere else?
The Avneo Account setup page indicates Outbound Caller ID is from the SIP device so I'm not sure where to enter it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

RonR

Quote from: dhfobi on February 26, 2012, 06:06:47 PM

You can enter anything in the Voice Services -> SPx Service -> CallerIDName field, but it's usually used for your real name.

Stewart

Anveo does not support caller ID spoofing in the From header, which is the only method available on the OBi.  So, with Anveo, you will have to use a static outbound caller ID.  The easiest way to set that is on the Anveo site (Account Preferences, SIP Device Registration, choose desired number in OutboundCallerID field).  If it's not in the list, add and verify the number on the CallerID Numbers page.

Stewart

Quote from: dhfobi on February 26, 2012, 06:06:47 PMI have just set up Avneo per your above settings for the OBi100 and it works except that they do not receive my telephone number.
If by "they", you mean the 911 dispatcher, and the caller ID you are using is not a number with Anveo, the dispatcher should see a special number that will ring you back on Anveo, if they need to return the call.  In any case, your correct physical location should be displayed.  If the dispatcher does not have your address or sees no callback number at all, you should open a ticket with Anveo.

Calls made to normal numbers should show the caller ID that you set on the Anveo web site.

dhfobi

Quote from: Stewart on February 26, 2012, 06:20:28 PM
Anveo does not support caller ID spoofing in the From header, which is the only method available on the OBi.  So, with Anveo, you will have to use a static outbound caller ID.  The easiest way to set that is on the Anveo site (Account Preferences, SIP Device Registration, choose desired number in OutboundCallerID field).  If it's not in the list, add and verify the number on the CallerID Numbers page.

I just entered and verified my number on the Avneo Caller ID page, and then was able to enter it on the Account Prefernces page, and of course I updated the entry, but when I then called 911 they had a nuber I don't recognize, 339-707-5911, so I guess I need to call Avneo tomorrow.

dhfobi

Quote from: Stewart on February 26, 2012, 06:29:03 PM
Quote from: dhfobi on February 26, 2012, 06:06:47 PMI have just set up Avneo per your above settings for the OBi100 and it works except that they do not receive my telephone number.
If by "they", you mean the 911 dispatcher, and the caller ID you are using is not a number with Anveo, the dispatcher should see a special number that will ring you back on Anveo, if they need to return the call.  In any case, your correct physical location should be displayed.  If the dispatcher does not have your address or sees no callback number at all, you should open a ticket with Anveo.

Calls made to normal numbers should show the caller ID that you set on the Anveo web site.

The dispatcher has my name and location, but the number is not the number I have verified and entered into the Avneo Account preferences page. Is that the way Avneo works, providing a callback number instead of my caller ID number? if so I won't bother them.

Stewart

Quote from: dhfobi on February 26, 2012, 06:48:31 PMIs that the way Avneo works, providing a callback number instead of my caller ID number? if so I won't bother them.
I don't know for sure if that's the case for Anveo; if it's important to you, ask them.  Howver, with most providers, if the caller ID you supply or set is not a number you have form them, which would ring the device from which you are calling, they will use a temporary callback number for 911.  That's the conservative approach, because the service with the number that you set may not be working, or may ring somewhere other than your present location.

dhfobi

Quote from: Stewart on February 26, 2012, 07:03:29 PM
Quote from: dhfobi on February 26, 2012, 06:48:31 PMIs that the way Avneo works, providing a callback number instead of my caller ID number? if so I won't bother them.
I don't know for sure if that's the case for Anveo; if it's important to you, ask them.  Howver, with most providers, if the caller ID you supply or set is not a number you have form them, which would ring the device from which you are calling, they will use a temporary callback number for 911.  That's the conservative approach, because the service with the number that you set may not be working, or may ring somewhere other than your present location.

Would they then give the dispatcher my registered number? Seems like what could be a critical and un-necessary delay, but if that's the way it works I'll live with it.

Stewart

Quote from: dhfobi on February 26, 2012, 07:46:14 PM
Would they then give the dispatcher my registered number? Seems like what could be a critical and un-necessary delay, but if that's the way it works I'll live with it.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.  The temporary callback number is automatically assigned when you make the 911 call.  If you get disconnected or hang up by mistake, when the dispatcher calls that number, it will ring your OBi phone directly (provided that OBi is configured so that calls to the Anveo SPx will ring the phone).  Effectively, it's a temporary DID for your Anveo account.

dhfobi