News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help setting up Anveo on Obi 100

Started by scott81425, February 21, 2012, 06:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everton

You can purchase a cheap DID from Anveo for $0.99 per month and you will have a dedicated DID that would be sent to the 911 dispatcher and used as a callback number in case of a hangup, etc.  You could use this number in case you need to have a fax sent to you.  The same is true of Callcentric, if you did not purchase a DID from them, you will be assigned a temporary callback DID per 911 call.

If you look at the e911 status page, Anveo has a line..."Other details:". I entered my GV number (SP1) as an alternative callback number, "(AAA) XXX-YYYY:Alternative Callback #".  I'm not sure if this information is sent to the 911 Dispatcher, but could be something you can confirm with Anveo or 911 operator if a test all is made.

Quote from: dhfobi on February 26, 2012, 08:12:58 PM
Got it, thanks for all your help.

dhfobi

I can't find the "Other Details" on my E911 Status Page, where exactly is the place to add an alternate callback number?!?

Everton

Once you log into your Anveo account, on the right side of the main page, under "e911 Status", click on the "Change" icon and that will give you the option to modify the e911 address by clicking "edit".  You will see the info.  Once changes are made, save!

Quote from: dhfobi on February 27, 2012, 07:04:22 AM
I can't find the "Other Details" on my E911 Status Page, where exactly is the place to add an alternate callback number?!?

dhfobi

Quote from: Everton on February 27, 2012, 07:24:09 AM
Once you log into your Anveo account, on the right side of the main page, under "e911 Status", click on the "Change" icon and that will give you the option to modify the e911 address by clicking "edit".  You will see the info.  Once changes are made, save!

Quote from: dhfobi on February 27, 2012, 07:04:22 AM

I've been there many times but that edit function would allow me to change name, address, et al, but nowhere is there a place to enter callback number, I'm obviously missing something, but not to worry, I'll just call Anveo. Thanks for your help.

lhm.

FYI for those testing 911 calls.

Please note that 911 calling is subject to excessive usage fee http://www.anveo.com/legal.asp#e911 from the link "...

IN CASE OF EXCESSIVE 911 USAGE $5 FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR EVERY 911 CALL MADE OVER THE LAST 30 DAYS. EXCESSIVE 911 USAGE IS CONSIDERED WHEN A CUSTOMER MAKES MORE THAN 2 911 CALLS DURING ANY 30 DAYS INTERVAL.

rccryan

I know this thread is old, but I found it useful and wanted to update it with the latest info (obtained from my Anveo E911 settings page) since it addresses several issues brought up in the thread:

QuoteVERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING E911 SERVICE!

1. 911 calls are subject to excessive usage terms. Please refer to Terms of Use https://www.anveo.com/legal.asp#e911.

2. For legal reasons we automatically assign e911 call back number and calls from emergency personel to the call back number are automatically forwarded directly to SIP device connected.

3. new Users can dial 933 from SIP/ATA device to test 911 address provisioning as well as audio communication.

Thus, Anveo uses an automatically assigned e911 call back number (probably a random and temporary phone number rather than any phone number you might have associated with their system).

Also, the above post about the E911 excessive usage fee seems to be true (and it has not changed), but note that there is now an automated 933 system to test it.