News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Inconsistant results using the same digit maps in Line And AA .Is this a bug?

Started by larrybob, April 13, 2012, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

I was experimenting with user defined digitmaps to have a digit map just for an area code:
I discovered that digit map programing does not work consistently ... this might be a bug.. or a rule I am missing I found the same  digit maps working or not working depending where it is used.
First I set up some userdefined digit maps:
I defined "areacode" as (<415>) in user defined digit maps Inconsistent

I defined "us" calling map as (1[2-9][0-8]x xxxx|<1>(Mareacode)[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)|<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)

Then under Line, I used for part of my digit map |<**1>(Mus)| This worked perfectly for 7 , 10 or 1+10 dialing from the phone.

If the coding is applied as shown in part a an invalid number response is returned when a 7 digit number is entered into the AA.

Larry

RonR

Are PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine and Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine both set to PSTN Line?

Are PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute and Auto Attendant -> OutboundCallRoute both set to Default?

larrybob

Yes both set to PTSN Line
Yes Outbound callroute is default for phone and AA

here is programing
Userdefinded Digit map "areacode" : (<415>)
Userdefined Digit map "us" : (1[2-9][0-8]x xxxx|<1>(Mareacode)[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)|<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)

Phone Digit map :  ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|<**1><011>(Mus)|**8{t=di}(Mli)|**9{t=od}(Mpp)|(Mpli))  THIS WORKS!! ( when dialing a 7 digit number)

AA Digit Map : ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|<**1><011>(Mus)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))  THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!

SEEMS DIGIT MAP PROGRAMING THAT WILL WORK IN THE PHONE DIGIT MAP WILL NOT WORK IN THE AA.

Solution: If arecode Digit map is expanded to :(<1415>[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)
and Us digit map is changed to :(1[2-9][0-8]x xxxx|(Mareacode)|<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)
Will work in phone and AA.

However, what i am trying to do is have a clean digitmap with just the Areacode. so the solution I found is not optimal for me.

Again it seems that there is a Bug in the Programing of the AA which does not allow the same DigitMap programing As the Phone ...

Am I missing Something?

Larry

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on April 14, 2012, 12:46:24 PM
Userdefined Digit map "us" : (1[2-9][0-8]x xxxx|<1>(Mareacode)[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)|<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)

You have two problems:

A. You have a unmatched paren:

<1>(Mareacode)[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)

B. You have two rules trying to deal with 7-digit numbers, each in a different way:

<1>(Mareacode)[2-9][0-8]x xxxx

<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxxx

larrybob

Ron ,
You are correct, but that is not the problem. I made your correction( It is  nice to have a second set of eye look at things sometimes) but I still do not get the same behavior form the  AA And Phone with the same digitmaps
I cut and pasted  the fields so what you see is what is in use:

digitmap "areacode":(<415>)
digitmap "us" :(1[2-9][0-8]x xxxx|<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxx xxxx|<1>(Mareacode)[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)

Digitmap Phone :
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|<**1><011>(Mus)|**8{t=di}(Mli)|**9{t=od}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Digitmap AA  :
              ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|<**1><011>(Mus)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

The outbound call routes are default.

I am scratching my head...if a 7 digit call goes through correctly with the phone it should also go through with the aa .. BUT IT DOES NOT... the call should either work or fail in both places, not only work with the phone.

Thanks Larry

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on April 14, 2012, 11:48:49 PM
digitmap "areacode" : (<415>)
digitmap "us" : (1[2-9][0-8]x xxxx|<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxx xxxx|<1>(Mareacode)[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)

This is a rather bizarre US DigitMap.  It supports the following formats:

8-digit numbers which start with a 1
10-digit numbers which then have a 1 prepended
7-digit numbers which then have a 1 + areacode prepended

Digitmap Phone :
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|<**1><011>(Mus)|**8{t=di}(Mli)|**9{t=od}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Digitmap AA  :
              ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|<**1><011>(Mus)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

You reference the US DigitMap from the main level PHONE Port and Auto Attendant DigitMaps which puts it in direct competition with the LINE Port DigitMap (via Mpli since PrimaryLine is set to PSTN Line), but you don't show the LINE Port DigitMap contents.  Assuming the US DigitMap wins, you then prepend the 011 international prefix and redirect it to SP1 with **1.  This will bring the SP1 DigitMap into play via the OutboundCallRoute, but you don't show the SP1 DigitMap contents.

the call should either work or fail in both places, not only work with the phone.

You've never described how the call fails and what, if anything, is shown in Call Status during the call or Call History following the call.  It's likely there is a conflict between competing rules and it just happens that, due a slight difference in the way the Digit Map Processor (DMP) is invoked between the PHONE Port and the Auto Attendant, the conflict isn't resolved identically in both cases.  You could call that a bug, but it's probably as much your fault for putting the DMP in that position by having conflicts.

This is a good example of why I generally discourage making any significant changes to the main level PHONE Port and Auto Attendant DigitMaps (and OutboundCallRoutes) without a very good reason for doing so.  It's really easy to get things tangled up at this level.

I think you need to take a step back and take another look at your overall goals and seek a cleaner approach.

larrybob

thanks for finding my error in the us digitmap...
I added the correct number of digits :

(1[2-9][0-8]x xxx xxxx|<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxx xxxx|<1>(Mareacode)[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)

so if a 7 digit or 10 digit or 1 plus 10 digit number is called they will all be transformed into a 1 plus 10digit number.

there is no conflict with the line digit map this is it (as I stated it is the default ) :(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

the SP1  Digitmap is also wide open: (*xx|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

I do not see any conflicts . When the call fails I get a SIT tone and nothing appears in the Call Status or history when the call fails.

I believe that this is the Problem:
In the Calldigit map you can replace the logical <415> with a digit map... in the aa digitmap this replacemet IS NOT ALLOWED and the full "areacode" digit map  needs to be written out in  full.

This is why if "areacode" is defined as
(<1415>[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)
and "us" defined as:
(1[2-9][0-8]x xxx xxxx|(Mareacode)|<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)

The call will go through using AA

however if "areacode" is :
(<415>)
and "us" defined as :
(1[2-9][0-8]x xxx xxxx|<1>[2-9][0-8]x xxx xxxx|<1>(Mareacode)[2-9][0-8]x xxxx)
The digit map will fail in the AA and nothing will happen.   

Either map will work from the phone!( The short definition of "areacode" or the long definition.)

I do not think the problem is due to conflicts, but I will contend that the Digitmap processor treats the AA and phone digitmaps differently. This might not be a bug, but in the least it is not documented.

I think I was getting a little too cute with my code, and will go with the longer digitmap and call that "areacode":
(<1415>[2-9][0-8]x xxxx) . This works in all situations.
Larry