News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

two google voice accounts on one OBI100?

Started by boberic, February 27, 2012, 08:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boberic

Is it possible to configure two Google Voice numbers into my OBI100 and receive calls on either?

I'm not worried about which number is used for outgoing calls, but I would like to have a local number in two different areas so my family can call me free from back home and my new friends can call me free from this new area.

RonR

One Google Voice account on SP1, another Google Voice account on SP2.

Incoming calls on either account will ring the OBi PHONE Port.

Outgoing calls can use either as the ddefault, selected by PrimaryLine.  The other can be selected instead by dialing **1 or **2 before the number.

bamaboy

Assuming one has two google voice numbers on the Obi110, SP1 and SP2.  Then, you press either **1 or **2 to initiate routing outgoing calls using the non-primary gv number.  After you finish the call and end the call using the non-primary number, would the Obi110 revert back to the primary number automatically for future calls, or would it continue to use the non-primary number for outgoing.   Would one need to manually press the chosen commands again to revert back to use the primary number for outgoing?

RonR

The OBi has a setting that determines the PrimaryLine:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine

The PrimaryLine does not change unless you change this setting.

If the PrimaryLine is SP1 Service, then all outgoing calls will use SP1 unless you first enter **2, **8, or **9.

If the PrimaryLine is SP2 Service, then all outgoing calls will use SP2 unless you first enter **1, **8, or **9.

Etc.