News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot vote on American Idol

Started by TiminCincy, February 29, 2012, 08:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiminCincy

My wife was upset last night when she tried to vote on American Idol and the 1-866 numbers just rang and never answered. My configuration is Google voice on sp1 and Anveo on sp2 for e911. My device is an Obi100. From searching the forums I have found that the issue is with Google voice not the OBi. My question is there a way to setup toll free calls with the setup I have without using Anveo on sp2? Anveo charges 0.01 per minute for outgoing calls and I am looking for a free solution to dialing toll free numbers (who knows how many times she will vote). I only have a small investment in Anveo and would be willing to switch to another e911 provider if they gave free outgoing toll free calls. I have a little urgency as I need to address this before the show tonight.

Tim

RFord

See setup in this post by RonR

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2357.msg15182#msg15182

If you don't have good results using proxy.ideasip.com, use tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com or sip.tollfreegateway.com

Since you have Anveo setup on SP2, ignore the following:

If you don't already have a SIP provider configured on SP2, use the following:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (put anything here)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

TiminCincy

Thanks. I had tried one of the setups posted and got error 403 when trying to call. So I reset the settings and tried the ones in the post you quoted and this time it is dialing toll free numbers correctly. I can't test the specific AMerican Idol numbers until tonight when they open the lines, but it appears to be working.

Just to make sure, those changes do not use my Anveo line on sp2, correct?

Tim

Stewart

Quote from: TiminCincy on February 29, 2012, 01:15:41 PMJust to make sure, those changes do not use my Anveo line on sp2, correct?
Correct.  You can check the OBi's Call History to see how a call was made.  If you are really concerned, look st the Reports page on Anveo to make sure that the call is not there and/or check that your Account Balance has not unexpectedly changed.

TiminCincy

I did get the dialing to work last night and my Anveo account balance hasn't changed so it looks like it worked correctly. When I look at the call history it is unclear to me how to tell which line is being used. Here is what it says:

Terminal ID: Phone1 SP2
Peer Name:
Peer Number: 18664365712 18664365712@sip.tollfreegateway.com
Direction: Outbound

What is confusing to me is an earlier call in the history to a regular phone number has GoogleVoice1 instead of SP2. Is SP2 Anveo or something else?

Tim

TiminCincy

I just made another call by dialing **2 before the number and it shows up in the history as SP2 just like the American Idol numbers last night. So I still am concerned these are being routed through Anveo and they just do not update my balance until the end of the billing period.

TiminCincy

OK, now I am fully convinced this is not using Anveo. I made another call using **2 to my cell phone and this time actually answered the call to ensure I was using a minute. After hanging up I re-checked my Anveo funds balance and it did go down by 0.01. Thanks for the help.

Tim

Stewart

AFAIK, Anveo updates both Account Balance and Reports in real time.

Does the Call History entry for the **2 call show sip.tollfreegateway.com?

Does Anveo show it in Reports -> CDR Report?  In Reports -> Account Transactions?

RFord

Remember, the your outgoing calls are using one of the gateway accounts, which are only active IF you have a SIP account setup on SP2 (if SP1 is setup for GV).  The SP2 SIP account does not have to be an actually SIP Provider such as Anveo for the Gateway account to work.  So, no it will not use your Anveo minutes, even though the call status or history shows SP2.  BTW, Anveo gives you 40-minutes per day of free calls on the "Anveo Value" Account, so technically you shoudln't see any charges for calls less than that daily maximum.  Not sure why you were charge $0.01 for the outgoing call to your cell, since that should have been a free call...maybe you might want to confirm what I just said with Anveo Support.

At any rate, I'm glad your wife was able to vote last night, since I would want to see you on CNN be locked out of the house because she couldn't cast her vote on American Idol  ;D

EDIT:  It appears the 40-minutes of Free calls are limited to incoming only!

Quote from: TiminCincy on March 01, 2012, 07:33:08 AM
OK, now I am fully convinced this is not using Anveo. I made another call using **2 to my cell phone and this time actually answered the call to ensure I was using a minute. After hanging up I re-checked my Anveo funds balance and it did go down by 0.01. Thanks for the help.

Tim

TiminCincy

Quote from: Stewart on March 01, 2012, 07:34:36 AM
AFAIK, Anveo updates both Account Balance and Reports in real time.

Does the Call History entry for the **2 call show sip.tollfreegateway.com?

Does Anveo show it in Reports -> CDR Report?  In Reports -> Account Transactions?

Yes in my post above the call history does list sip.tollfreegateway.com. No the Anveo reports do not show the 866 calls.

TiminCincy

This has worked for several weeks but tonight my wife is trying to vote on The Voice and I can't get the call to go through. I have tried changing the tollfree provider but no luck. An example number I am trying to call is 18558642301.

Tim

RonR

Quote from: TiminCincy on April 16, 2012, 07:37:46 PM
An example number I am trying to call is 18558642301.

That number goes through fine using Alcazar Networks free Toll Free Termination.