News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Second Google Voice Line Rings but Cannot be Answered

Started by Splugg, February 29, 2012, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splugg

I have an Obi110 with software 1.3.0 (Build: 2675).  I can setup 2 google voice accounts to ring in but cannot pickup on the second line.  When I pickup, there is no sound and the phone continues to ring on the other end, eventually going to voice mail.

I have done a complete system reset followed by configuration through the Obitalk website.  Line 2 was chosen as the outbound line.  I also have configured the device by hand to no avail.  The settings in that case were:

1.   Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General ->
   A.   SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
   B.   X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF checked
2.   Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General ->
   A.   SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
   B.   X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF checked
3.   Voice Services -> SP1 Service ->
   A.   AuthUserName : GMAIL ACCOUNT 1
   B.   AuthPassword : PASSWORD 1
4.   Voice Services -> SP2 Service ->
   A.   X_ServProvProfile B
   B.   AuthUserName : GMAIL ACCOUNT 2
   C.   AuthPassword : PASSWORD 2

Obviously nothing too fancy here.

Of course my first concern was that GMAIL ACCOUNT 2 was configured incorrectly with google.  However, I have essentially ruled this out in the following fashion: when SP1 Service is configured with GMAIL ACCOUNT 2 and SP2 Service is configured with GMAIL Account 1, the problem stays with the SP2 Service.  That is both GMAIL accounts works fine, but only when slotted in as the SP1 Service.  This makes me think that either I have missed some step in the configuration (seems unlikely since configuring through obitalk gives the same problem) or there is a problem in the firmware.

Lest you think the device itself is to blame, I have a second device purchased a month later but with the same firmware loaded up that exhibits the same problem (with 2 other google voice accounts).

Any ideas?

jimates

since both are setup for google voice they can both use ITSP Profile A. Try that and see if sp2 works.

RonR

I'm betting that you're missing:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Splugg

Quote from: RonR on February 29, 2012, 03:29:48 PM
I'm betting that you're missing:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

This was the problem.  I am surprised that resetting the device and setting the two lines up on Obitalk did not work if it was this simple.  Thanks alot.

jimbohead

Tried RonR's suggestion, but X_SkipCallScreening was already checked... Any other suggestions? Experiencing exact same symptoms as OP described. (Line 1 works flawlessly, line 2 works for outbound but unable to answer inbound calls)

Thanks in advance!

QBZappy

jimbohead,

A correct reply may depend on the  OBi model are you using. Which model are we talking about?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.