News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help - Dial plan

Started by Chao, June 24, 2011, 08:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chao

I would like to achieve this:

First I do not want to use **2 to select my SP2. I want to use 0. Then when user dial 0xxxxxxxx, SP2 will be selected and 0086xxxxxxx will be sent to SP2.

I read the sticky dial plan post but was not understanding much. Please help. Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: Chao on June 24, 2011, 08:22:35 AM
Then when user dial 0xxxxxxxx, SP2 will be selected and 0086xxxxxxx will be sent to SP2.

You want to dial 0 + 8-digits and send 0086 + 7-digits to SP2.  Which of the 8 dialed digits to you want to discard?

Chao

I want:

dial 0 + 10-digits and send 0086 + 10-digits to SP2 - For China landline
dial 0 + 11-digits and send 0086 + 11-digits to SP2 - For China mobile
dial 9 + 10-digits and send 001 + 10-digits to SP2   - For US numbers (a backup to Google Voice)

Thanks.

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|<00:011>xx.|<0:**20086>xxxxxxxxxxx?|
<9:**2>1xxxxxxxxxx|<9:**2>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<9:**2>xxxxxxx|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(<00>1xxxxxxxxxx|<001>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<001aaa>xxxxxxx|00xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Note: Replace all occurrences (2 places) of aaa with your local area code.

7 digits  ->  SP1 : 1 + Area Code + 7 digits
          10 digits  ->  SP1 : 1 + 10 digits
          11 digits  ->  SP1 : 11 digits

9 + 7 digits  ->  SP2 : 00 + 1 + Area Code + 7 digits
    9 + 10 digits  ->  SP2 : 00 + 1 + 10 digits
    9 + 11 digits  ->  SP2 : 00 + 11 digits
0 + 10/11 digits  ->  SP2 : 00 + 86 + 10/11 digits

Note: The international call prefix is now 00 instead of 011 (00 + country code + number).

Chao

Thanks. This works like a charm.

OnlyMe

Quote from: RonR on June 24, 2011, 12:31:19 PM

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|<00:011>xx.|<0:**20086>xxxxxxxxxxx?|

(<00>1xxxxxxxxxx|<001>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<001aaa>xxxxxxx|00xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Note: Replace all occurrences (2 places) of aaa with your local area code.

7 digits  ->  SP1 : 1 + Area Code + 7 digits
          10 digits  ->  SP1 : 1 + 10 digits
          11 digits  ->  SP1 : 11 digits

9 + 7 digits  ->  SP2 : 00 + 1 + Area Code + 7 digits
    9 + 10 digits  ->  SP2 : 00 + 1 + 10 digits
    9 + 11 digits  ->  SP2 : 00 + 11 digits
0 + 10/11 digits  ->  SP2 : 00 + 86 + 10/11 digits

Note: The international call prefix is now 00 instead of 011 (00 + country code + number).

How do I add a simple parameter to the default DigitMap to include **2 when dialing out, so I don't have to manually key in **2 every time? I still want to keep SP1 as the primary line, and use SP2 to dial out.

The above example is too complicated for me to follow.

Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: OnlyMe on March 02, 2012, 10:12:45 PM
How do I add a simple parameter to the default DigitMap to include **2 when dialing out, so I don't have to manually key in **2 every time? I still want to keep SP1 as the primary line, and use SP2 to dial out.

All incoming calls ring the OBi PHONE Port regardless of the which trunk is set as your PrimaryLine.

The PrimaryLine setting selects which trunk your outgoing calls use by default (i.e. when no **n is used).

If you want outgoing calls to use SP2 by default so you don't have to dial **2 first, set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP2 Service

Then to send a call out SP1, you will have to dial **1 first.

If you wish certain calls to go out SP1 by default and others to go out SP2 by default, based on some pattern (i.e. area code, exchange, etc.), that can probably be accomplished with an appropriate set of DigitMap rules.

Stewart

Quote from: OnlyMe on March 02, 2012, 10:12:45 PMHow do I add a simple parameter to the default DigitMap to include **2 when dialing out, so I don't have to manually key in **2 every time? I still want to keep SP1 as the primary line, and use SP2 to dial out.
I don't understand your question.  With normal (non-specialized) settings, the meaning of Primary Line is "the service used for outgoing calls, in the absence of a special prefix".  It does not affect incoming at at all.  So, if you want to keep SP1 as primary, you need to tell us why, i.e. which calls you want to send via SP1 and which via SP2, e.g. specific area codes, country codes or individual numbers.

OnlyMe

Quote from: RonR on March 02, 2012, 10:32:54 PM
Quote from: OnlyMe on March 02, 2012, 10:12:45 PM

All incoming calls ring the OBi PHONE Port regardless of the which trunk is set as your PrimaryLine.

The PrimaryLine setting selects which trunk your outgoing calls use by default (i.e. when no **n is used).

If you want outgoing calls to use SP2 by default so you don't have to dial **2 first, set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP2 Service

Then to send a call out SP1, you will have to dial **1 first.

If you wish certain calls to go out SP1 by default and others to go out SP2 by default, based on some pattern (i.e. area code, exchange, etc.), that can probably be accomplished with an appropriate set of DigitMap rules.

OMG

1. I need to keep the SP1 as the primary line. I used it as FAX line, and also the CallerID needs to show that numbers when it was used by Trusted Callers. Let just say that I dedicated SP1 for Fax and Trusted Callers, and SP2 is my private line.
2. I used SP2 to call out, so the SP1 can be free to receive FAX as it's coming unexpectedly or being used by Trusted Callers.
3. Before I'm placing the call (from the phone that plugged to the OBI), I've always have to key in **2 to select SP2.

My question:

How do i add a simple parameter to the DigitMap so that it will link the **2 to the dialed numbers, so I don't have to use **2 before placing a call.

Something like these:

Is this possible to achieve for SP2? It is a bit confusing, but this is almost like settings up SP2 dial scheme acted like a primary line (required no **n), while still keeping SP1 "the" primary line.

Stewart

You need to explain your setup in much more detail.  If you have a fax machine connected to the OBi's Phone port and also have a phone connected there, then if a fax comes in, you will hear a call waiting beep and will have to hang up immediately, in order for the fax to be received.  This is true whether your original call used SP1 or SP2.

If your trusted callers are calling out via the OBi's AA, you can set a different Primary Line for AA than you have for the Phone port.

What service do you have on SP1?  On SP2?  How do trusted callers access your system?  Do you receive faxes on a fax machine?  If so, connected how?  If via a fax service, is that different from your VoIP provider, and if so, how are they connected?

OnlyMe

Can you simultaneously use SP1 via AA and SP2 on the physical phone to call out?

Quote from: Stewart on March 03, 2012, 01:52:37 AM
If your trusted callers are calling out via the OBi's AA, you can set a different Primary Line for AA than you have for the Phone port.
Please show me how. Thanks.

jimates

Quote from: OnlyMe on March 03, 2012, 10:40:18 AM
Can you simultaneously use SP1 via AA and SP2 on the physical phone to call out?
Yes. And depending on what service you use you could also have more simultaneous calls in use.

QuotePlease show me how. Thanks.

Voice Service-> Auto Attendant-> Primary Line = SP1
All calls made through the AA will use SP1 even if you set your primary line for outgoing calls to SP2.

OnlyMe

Quote from: jimates on March 03, 2012, 11:14:49 AM
Quote from: OnlyMe on March 03, 2012, 10:40:18 AM
Yes. And depending on what service you use you could also have more simultaneous calls in use.

Both of my service are Google Voice. So, can I make simultaneous calls via AA and phone?

QuoteVoice Service-> Auto Attendant-> Primary Line = SP1
All calls made through the AA will use SP1 even if you set your primary line for outgoing calls to SP2.
Thank you. This certainly solved the problem I've had in my original post

OnlyMe

You need to explain your setup in much more detail.  If you have a fax machine connected to the OBi's Phone port and also have a phone connected there, then if a fax comes in, you will hear a call waiting beep and will have to hang up immediately, in order for the fax to be received.  This is true whether your original call used SP1 or SP2.

What is the best setup so I can receive fax or allowed trusted callers to make calls via AA on SP1 while I'm talking on SP2? I have no POTS line. Do I need to buy another OBI box to achieve this? Does Obihai have a true multi-line VOIP box in the works? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Stewart

If a trusted caller is coming in via OBiTalk or SIP and calling out on GV, that will work properly, even when you are on an unrelated GV call from the Phone port.  The OBi can handle up to four concurrent calls. You can obviously have only one on the Phone port (except for 3-way calling and call waiting).  Each GV account can have two; limits on SIP accounts are determined by the provider.

If the caller is coming in on GV and out on GV, in most cases I would recommend not using the OBi at all.  He would call in to his own GV account and press 2 at the main menu to make an outbound call.  This results in better quality, is more reliable, and doesn't tie up any of your resources.

If you must use your fax machine to receive while on a call, you will need to buy another OBi (or perhaps an IP phone or an ATA with multiple ports).  However, you may prefer to get faxes via a service that delivers them by email or web.  For me, the big advantage is being able to view faxes from anywhere, on a laptop, tablet, or smartphone.  You can save them on your computer forever, rather than accumulating paper files, don't kill as many trees, and can forward the fax (possibly edited) to others, without a generation loss.  You can get an inexpensive local or toll-free fax number from Anveo, Callcentric, Vitelity and many others.  If the number is unimportant, VoxOx is a decent free fax-enabled service.

OnlyMe

Quote from: Stewart on March 03, 2012, 01:12:31 PM
If a trusted caller is coming in via OBiTalk or SIP and calling out on GV, that will work properly, even when you are on an unrelated GV call from the Phone port.  The OBi can handle up to four concurrent calls. You can obviously have only one on the Phone port (except for 3-way calling and call waiting).  Each GV account can have two; limits on SIP accounts are determined by the provider.

If the caller is coming in on GV and out on GV, in most cases I would recommend not using the OBi at all.  He would call in to his own GV account and press 2 at the main menu to make an outbound call.  This results in better quality, is more reliable, and doesn't tie up any of your resources.

If you must use your fax machine to receive while on a call, you will need to buy another OBi (or perhaps an IP phone or an ATA with multiple ports).  However, you may prefer to get faxes via a service that delivers them by email or web.  For me, the big advantage is being able to view faxes from anywhere, on a laptop, tablet, or smartphone.  You can save them on your computer forever, rather than accumulating paper files, don't kill as many trees, and can forward the fax (possibly edited) to others, without a generation loss.  You can get an inexpensive local or toll-free fax number from Anveo, Callcentric, Vitelity and many others.  If the number is unimportant, VoxOx is a decent free fax-enabled service.

Thank you.

One quick question. If I decide to get a second OBI box, should I add that box to a new Obitalk account or just use the existing one.