News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Set up with GV; cannot make or receive calls

Started by vladglad, February 29, 2012, 03:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vladglad

Just recently signed up for Google Voice and bought a new Obi110.
When I try to configure GV on Obi I constantly get a message
"Google Voiceâ„¢ Account   Backing Off (0s):Authentication error"
My passwords are the same, everything is set the way it says.
When I try to make a phone call, I get the voice that tells me that the service is not set.
Comments or suggestions?

Thanks.

RonR

You might try configuring the OBi directly.

First, remove the device from the OBiTALK Web Portal Dashboard and don't re-add it.  Then log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

Next, reset the OBi to factory defaults:

System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration -> Press Reset to Start Process -> Reset

Then set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Remember to click Submit at the bottom of any page you make changes to.

Cick Reboot in the upper right corner after all changes have been made.

BrettW

Hi RonR,

I followed your steps, but whenever I call any number (with the exception of my google voice number) from the phone connected to the OBI I get a female voice that "We could not complete your call.  Please try again."  Then it goes back to a dial tone. 

However, if I call my Google Voice number from the phone conencted to OBI, then my cell phone (which is my forward calls to in Google Voice) rings.  In Google Voice the checkmark to forward calls to that number is unchecked, and voicemail access is set to no.

SP1 Service Status says connected.

This is what I am seeing in call history:

Call 1 03/04/2012    08:41:33 
Terminal ID PHONE1 GoogleVoice1
Peer Name   
Peer Number 18889982663 18889982663
Direction Outbound Outbound
08:41:33 New Call 
08:41:33  Call Connected
08:41:36 End Call

I've been trying to get this working for two weeks now with no luck.  Any thoughts?

BrettW

Guess I figured out my own problem.  APpearently I had never made a google voice call from gmail.  Thought I had.  But that did the trick.