News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric registration

Started by ProfTech, March 02, 2012, 04:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

It seems that Callcentric servers refuse to grant a registration period longer than 120 seconds. The Obi registers when 50% of the time has elapsed which results in it registering every 60 seconds. Has anyone found a way to extend this? Setting ITSP Profile -> RegistrationPeriod greater than 120 has no effect.

RonR

A SIP client specifies its desired registration period, but it's the SIP server that gets to decide the actual value.

I find the maximum I can get from Callcentric is 60 seconds, which causes the OBi to re-register every 30 seconds.

bullwinkle

This "50% feature" is something Obi should change. I use Callcentric and their reg. server doesn't like to see reg. requests before they are expected. If the request is received after 30 sec instead of the 60 sec. that was specified in the reg. reply the next reg. reply will have a "expire" value that is one sec. greater (61 sec.). Each subsequent reply will have a "expire" value that is one sec. greater that the previous one.

I bought a Obi 100 for the express purpose of using it with Callcentric but this "50% feature" was a deal breaker. I sold the damn thing.

RonR

bullwinkle,

It's even worse than you describe.  The OBi's default RegistrationPeriod value is 60 seconds.  When left this way, the OBi ignores the incrementing 'expires' value that Callcentric sends, keeping the registration period at 60 seconds.  I asked Obihai to increase the default RegistrationPeriod value to at least 600 seconds (most ATA's default to 3600 seconds) a year ago, but my request was immediately dismissed.

ProfTech

If you set ITSP Profile -> RegistrationPeriod to 120 it works fine. When ever you reboot, the server sends 60 seconds to begin with. The server then increments this by 1 second each time the Obi registers. After about 45 minutes the expire time settles at 120 from the server and the Obi registers every 60 seconds. I sort of wanted a longer time but as Ron said it is up to the server.

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on March 06, 2012, 09:48:06 AM
If you set ITSP Profile -> RegistrationPeriod to 120 it works fine. When ever you reboot, the server sends 60 seconds to begin with. The server then increments this by 1 second each time the Obi registers. After about 45 minutes the expire time settles at 120 from the server and the Obi registers every 60 seconds.

In my case, after it gets up to 72, Callcentric forces an authentication and the process starts over at 60 again.  I never get above 72.

ProfTech

hmmm... I did notice some issues with Callcentric registration until I enabled both ITSP Profile -> SIP -> X_ProxyServerRedundancy and X_SecondaryRegistration but I don't remember exactly what they were. Once I enabled redundancy everything seems Ok. I sent a message to Callcentric but the never responded.