News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Three OBI's and GV

Started by weldingkat, March 06, 2012, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weldingkat

Greetings,

I have three google voice accounts, all of which have been tested to work using the google voice interface.  

When I click "call" on the GV interface, google calls the associated analog line on the account (which is different for each account of course), then calls the number I instructed it to call (my cell phone).

I then set each account to use "google chat" as the primary phone in settings.

The first OBI was configured through the obitalk "endpoints" interface without issue.  It dials in and out, and that's most splendid.

The second, and third OBI's are refusing to connect to their corresponding GV accounts - and I've verified the gmail accounts and passwords multiple times.  All three OBI's have static IPs and are set identically, except that the IP addresses are sequential.  .60, .61, .62 for example.

Both of the units not working indicate "Service Not Configured" which usually means the gmail account name/password is incorrect, but it's been verified several times so I don't think that's it.

Does OBItalk or google have an issue with three OBI 110's sitting on the same private LAN, going through the same gateway, to the same service with three different accounts specified?

I ask because I am not sure of why else this wouldn't work, considering the first one connected in a jiffy without issue.

Thanks in advance.

weldingkat

Nevermind, I'm a moron.

I disabled auto-provisioning BEFORE I configured the GV accounts through the obitalk endpoint administration page.

Why?  Because one has to turn that off in order to retain asterisk settings on SP2.

I just did it too early in the process ;-)

RonR

Quote from: weldingkat on March 06, 2012, 12:29:40 PM
Both of the units not working indicate "Service Not Configured" which usually means the gmail account name/password is incorrect, but it's been verified several times so I don't think that's it.

"Service Not Configured" probably means that:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName

is blank.

Log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and verify the following settings:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

weldingkat

Thank you for the reply.  Even though they now say "connected", I double checked those settings and they are in fact there.

I can dial out great, dialing in doesn't seem to work on either.  Because I have a complex configuration on SP2 to connect them to my asterisk server, I'm going to factory reset them and start over from scratch, and report the results back here.

Thanks again.

weldingkat

An update.

All three OBI's connect to google (and show connected) on the obitalk endpoint management screen, and I can dial out with them.

One Obi accepts incoming calls just fine.

The other two do not, and I get google's voicemail.

All three GV accounts are set the same - "chat" is checked, the other number the account was opened with is not checked, and I've logged out of chat/gmail as required.

Clearly I'm missing something... but what I'd like to ask is if there is a google voice "reset" feature/option whereas I sign onto google voice, and reset all the parameters to whatever their default is, and start over.

Thanks for any ideas...

Stewart

Log into a failing OBi directly and see what shows, if anything, in Call History after a failed inbound attempt.

If nothing is logged, shut down the OBi, log into the account with Gmail and retest.  If that doesn't ring, either, then this is obviously not an OBi-related issue.  If Gmail rings ok, log out of Gmail and do a test with OBi connected directly to modem (or otherwise confirm that the problem is not router related).

If the call does appear in Call History, where was it routed?  If not to the Phone port, check InboundCallRoute for the SPx in question.  If it was sent to PH, perhaps this is a ringing voltage, waveform, frequency or cadence issue.  Try answering a call when it should be ringing.

weldingkat

The two OBI's that weren't working were connected, but not receiving calls.  I put a network sniffer on the segment and watched what was happening - not a thing other than the occasional reconnect to Obi and GV.

So, I revisited gmail with both accounts, and made a second call to my cell phone, and that seemed to clear both of them up without further issue.

Maybe the first call I made per the instructions wasn't long enough, or I didn't do it "correctly", not really sure but that cleared things up.

Now all three have numbers, all three work bidirectionally, and all three are connected as trunks to my asterisk server!

Thank you everyone for your help and advice, very much appreciated!