News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where to start

Started by JD1940, March 09, 2012, 01:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD1940

I'm currently using the Obi 110 with GV and it works nicely. That is my SP1 setup. For Obi SP2 I have a VOIPo connection since it provides  911 service. I have two Panasonic DECT 6 systems. The Obi/GV is linked to one and the VOIPo Grandstream box is linked to the second set. Everything works fine except when someone calls me using the VOIPo #, both phones ring rather than just the VOIPo one. What do I need to do to stop this? If I didn't need to use VOIPo for its 911 capability I could just remove it as the SP2 on the Obi but I would prefer to not do that. The reason for the two sets of phones is because one is basically used for my home business while the other is a home land line. I want to be able to receive or make calls on either phone without the other phone being involved, if possible, although I realize I couldn't make a 911 call on the Obi/GV line while talking on the VOIPo line..

Any advice as which systems controls would take care of this; Obi, GV, or VOIPo?

RonR

If you don't want incoming calls on SP2 to ring the OBi PHONE Port, set:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {}

JD1940

I went into Obi Expert and selected the line stated and unchecked both boxes: Device Default and Obitalk Settings and saved the changes. Called the SP2 number and both phones still rang. Did I misunderstand?

RFord

When you unchecked both boxes, I assume the inbound call route became {} as oppose to ph?  Also, did you check the OBi110 directly to make sure the changes propagated from OBiTALK to the unit?

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {}

Quote from: JD1940 on March 09, 2012, 03:12:45 AM
I went into Obi Expert and selected the line stated and unchecked both boxes: Device Default and Obitalk Settings and saved the changes. Called the SP2 number and both phones still rang. Did I misunderstand?

JD1940

OK, I think I got it after going to the Obi box and saving and rebooting. The Obi phone no longer rings when then SP2 phone is called although it does indicate I missed a call. I guess I can live with that altho I would prefer it gave no indication at all the SP2 line was called. Thanks everyone for the help.

RonR

Quote from: JD1940 on March 09, 2012, 04:07:23 AM
The Obi phone no longer rings when then SP2 phone is called although it does indicate I missed a call.

That doesn't make sense.  The only way the phone could know if you missed a call is for the phone to ring and it not be answered.  Since the phone isn't ringing, it has no way of knowing the OBi discarded an incoming call.  I suspect the missed call indicator was left over from before you disabled incoming calls on SP2.

JD1940

I'm totally confused now. The Obi box still indicates the {} for inbound SP2 calls but the phone is ringing again. Just in case it was a problem with GV, I removed the VOIPo phone from it's setting and substituted my cell phone. When I call the VOIPo phone, both Panasonic phones ring like they did previously and I get a missed call indication from the Obi Panasonic phone as well  as the VOIPo Panasonic phone.

JD1940

I don't if this helps or confuses but when the Obi phone rings (when I'm calling the VOIPo phone) it does so with a double ring, like the British phones. It doesn't do that when you call it directly, single ring like a normal US ring.

RonR

You can learn a lot about what's happening by looking at the OBi Call History.

JD1940

Terminal ID   SP2   PHONE1
Peer Name   WICHITA KS   
Peer Number   xxxxxxxxx   
Direction   Inbound   Inbound
17:48:49   Ringing   
17:48:59      Call Connected
17:49:01   End Call

Going to the call history, you can see the SP2 info. The peer number is my cell phone but you can see SP2 on my Obi Panasonic is being rung. Why?

RonR

I just double-checked that setting an SPx -> X_InboundCallRoute to nothing but {} blocks all incoming calls for me.

JD1940

I just double-checked that setting an SPx -> X_InboundCallRoute to nothing but {} blocks all incoming calls for me.

I don't know if this means anything or not but the {} on the X_InboundCallRoute keeps disappearing, leaving that line blank. I've entered it several times  but it doesn't seem to stay. Is totally bank the same thing as {}?

RonR

A blank X_InboundCallRoute is the same as ph or {ph}.

Are you configuring the OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal or directly?  You MUST do one or the other, but NOT both.

If you configure the OBi directly, you MUST set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

JD1940

Quote from: RonR on March 09, 2012, 09:37:01 PM
A blank X_InboundCallRoute is the same as ph or {ph}.

Are you configuring the OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal or directly?  You MUST do one or the other, but NOT both.

If you configure the OBi directly, you MUST set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Ah, that did it. I was making the changes directly with out the two System Management items being disabled. The Obi Panasonic now doesn't ring or indicate a missed call when the VOIPo Panasonic is called. Thanks!