News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Prevent Tracfone from going to voicemail when there is no cell reception

Started by EricScott, March 10, 2012, 11:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricScott

How do i prevent a Tracfone from going to voice mail when there is no cell reception?  I live in an area with poor cell reception.  If the call goes right to voice mail, then the call will never make it to the OBi device, right?  The Tracfone I have uses Verizon as the carrier.  I am using Google Voice.  I looked at the other posts that were relative, but there didn't seem to be a clear answer.

Rick

Quote from: EricScott on March 10, 2012, 11:13:43 AM
How do i prevent a Tracfone from going to voice mail when there is no cell reception?  I live in an area with poor cell reception.  If the call goes right to voice mail, then the call will never make it to the OBi device, right?  The Tracfone I have uses Verizon as the carrier.  I am using Google Voice.  I looked at the other posts that were relative, but there didn't seem to be a clear answer.

Uncheck the box on GV that forwards the call to your cell and it will just ring the OBi

EricScott

RonR

Quote from: EricScott on March 10, 2012, 12:20:33 PM
Even if my Google voice number is the Tracfone cell number?

How can your Google Voice number and your Tracfone cell number be the same number?

EricScott

I thought it was the case that you could use a cell phone number (porting).

bitstopjoe

Yes but as soon as your porting to GV from your Tracfone is complete your Tracfone is dead as that number is now on GV..

Joe Sica

EricScott

I appreciate your responses.  I take it that if the Tracfone number is ported to GV, then there would not be a need to pay any further Tracfone fees?

Thank you all, this has been helpful and informative.

Rick

Quote from: EricScott on March 10, 2012, 12:54:17 PM
I appreciate your responses.  I take it that if the Tracfone number is ported to GV, then there would not be a need to pay any further Tracfone fees?

Thank you all, this has been helpful and informative.

When you ported your number to GV, your Tracfone account should have been closed.  You should have to do nothing unless you owed them money. 

jimates

How do i prevent a Tracfone from going to voice mail when there is no cell reception?

This has nothing to do with google voice. You cannot change any settings for Tracfone's voicemail. Anytime there is no reception or your phone is turned off it will go straight the cell phones voicemail.

This is generally the case with any cell phone, except people that are actually customers of the carrier and not the MVNO can call and have their voicemail settings changed.