News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Call Waiting Indicator

Started by mikeN, March 12, 2012, 03:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeN

I have been trouble-shooting my obi 110 since I got it, and I am unable to make the obi's vmwi match what Google's status is.  

Initially, I setup the obi 110 through it's internal interface, and the vmwi would not stay off (Double-checked, no voicemails on Google).  I then tried using the obiTalk web interface - same thing.  Went back to internal interface, same thing.

Often times, I will clear the MessageWaiting check box (default checkbox also cleared) and reboot, and the indicator will stay in the off state until the obi re-connects to Google.  As soon as it does, it turns the MessageWaiting back on.

When the indicator gets turned back on, the log will say:
LHC:Response OK<000>                  
GTALKVM:Check VM Succ<000>            
GTALKVM:state changed from 1 to 0<000>
GTT:MWI notify:1<000>                
GTALKVM:VM:1<000>                    

So, apparently, 1 = off, and 0 = on, as far as vm waiting goes.  In any event, there is absolutely no reason for the vm indicator to be on if there's no voicemail.

I am running on the latest firmware.

Other than disabling voicemail notification altogether, what is the solution?

RonR

Quote from: mikeN on March 12, 2012, 03:36:06 PM
GTALKVM:VM:1<000>                    

I think this means Google Voice is reporting you have 1 unread voicemail.

RFord

Base on at least one previous post, check your archived voicemail (and trash) to see if you have any unread voicemail (& I think missed calls, if they were sent to your inbox ["Place missed calls in the inbox"] ).  Any unread VM that were archived can trigger the VM Indicator.

mikeN

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Yes - had several messages in spam and trash that were not marked as read.  Apparently, GV is having some some difficulty reading how many messages there are. 

Now, assuming I will have no further problems with that, is there any way to increase the GV MW polling frequency?  What would be perfect is if whenever the OBI transfers data via XMPP, that it also polls GV for MW status.  Seems like it would be easy to add as a payload along with some of the other XMPP messages.