News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trying to Set-up Call Centric with Obi 110... anyone successful?

Started by otherwhirl, March 12, 2012, 04:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otherwhirl

So after a week of unsuccessful trouble shooting the problems of the Obi110 and GV I have decided to try CallCentric with the Obi.

The only problem is the config. instructions aren't matching what I see!  ???

Where's "AuthUserName" and "AuthPassword" under the 'Parameter Name' page?

This appears to be instructions for the Obi100

Help!

https://my.callcentric.com/how_to_start.php?pid=3&device=46&go.x=111&go.y=12&go=Continue

RonR

Callcentric on SP2:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Callcentric
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(*123|**275*xx.|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> RegistrationPeriod : 3600

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 1777nnnnnnn
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

otherwhirl

Hi,

So I inputted all those values, but I keep getting this error message "Callcentric account   Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication (server=204.11.192.36:5060; retrying)"

Quote from: RonR on March 12, 2012, 04:54:11 PM
Callcentric on SP2:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Callcentric
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(*123|**275*xx.|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> RegistrationPeriod : 3600

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 1777nnnnnnn
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

RonR

Quote from: otherwhirl on March 12, 2012, 05:29:46 PM
So I inputted all those values, but I keep getting this error message "Callcentric account   Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication (server=204.11.192.36:5060; retrying)"

You're most likely using the wrong AuthUserName and/or AuthPassword.

The settings I posted are what I use.

otherwhirl

Man... i have spent 2hrs trying to configure this crap!

I have entered my Callcentric number correctly as well as my password. I have even changed the password just to be certain. Still des not work. To make matters worst they don't even have phone or chat support WTF??

I notice though, when I enter the Authentication info. on the Obi page it doesn't seem to store. After I reboot the system the page the characters don't reflect what I entered last. Is this just how the system does?

Quote from: RonR on March 12, 2012, 05:42:01 PM
Quote from: otherwhirl on March 12, 2012, 05:29:46 PM

You're most likely using the wrong AuthUserName and/or AuthPassword.

The settings I posted are what I use.

RonR

If you're making changes to the OBi directy, you must set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

or the OBiTALK Web Portal will overwrite your changes with its settings.

otherwhirl

LOL! NOW YOU TELL ME :P

No just kidding, thanks RonR it worked.

At least NOW I'm back on with my Obi and have a 2nd line while I figure out what's going on with my GV/Obi connection.

By the way, did you get my PM regarding my settings for GV?
Quote from: RonR on March 12, 2012, 07:04:34 PM

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

RonR

Quote from: otherwhirl on March 12, 2012, 07:37:37 PM

That's, by far, the most posted piece of information on this forum.  It seems no matter how many times it's posted, it stll goes unnoticed.

RFord

I was just about to ask you how many times you have posted the same information, until I read you last post.  My guess is you post that information maybe 10-times per day!!  No one attempt to do a search on anything and we keep getting the same questions over and over again.  95% of the "new" post on this Forum can be answered with a quick word search, avoiding the need to generate a new topic.  I have seen where posters start a new thread on a topic, when the topic was address by a thread just one or two topics below.  Absolutely amazing........

Quote from: RonR on March 12, 2012, 07:44:17 PM

That's, by far, the most posted piece of information on this forum.  It seems no matter how many times it's posted, it stll goes unnoticed.

otherwhirl

I'm not sure if this comment was meant to be an attack on me or not, but just to set the record straight I  HAVE searched and have spent FAR TOO MUCH TIME on trying to find a resolution for a sudden issue which appeared out of the blue.

To suggest that folks should and will be aware of every fix that is posted on the forum is ridiculous.

I would suggest that any topic that gets posted "maybe 10-times per day!!"  (LOL... yeah right  ;D) be made into a sticky. If and when folks ask questions (that are bound to be asked again... and yet AGAIN...sorry, but it's just the nature of forum culture...) why not just KINDLY  direct those of us who aren't amongst 'Ye Ole' Gods of All Knowingness' of the sacred and holy digital scrolls to the sticky, rather than making demeaning comments intended to make ppl feel like peons...

Some of us have lives that don't involve  spending hours upon end sifting thru threads (thank God) for what could easily be shared quickly. Which by the way, I did and found in 10 mins. via Obi's telephone support.

As a member of several online forums I honestly understand how irritating it can be to see the SAME questions asked over and over. Still, negative comments are just as much a waste of real estate as asking a question that has been asked before IMO

No hard feelings here   8)
I will post the fix that got me back up and rolling with the hopes that NO ONE will have to spend as much time as I did on such a simple fix.( that none of the "experts' on the forum recommended.)

Quote from: RFord on March 13, 2012, 06:19:02 AM
I was just about to ask you how many times you have posted the same information, until I read you last post.  My guess is you post that information maybe 10-times per day!!  No one attempt to do a search on anything and we keep getting the same questions over and over again.  95% of the "new" post on this Forum can be answered with a quick word search, avoiding the need to generate a new topic.  I have seen where posters start a new thread on a topic, when the topic was address by a thread just one or two topics below.  Absolutely amazing........

Quote from: RonR on March 12, 2012, 07:44:17 PM

That's, by far, the most posted piece of information on this forum.  It seems no matter how many times it's posted, it stll goes unnoticed.

Ostracus

UI design. How about a button on both the portal and the device that says "Turn off/on portal management"?

QBZappy

Not to dwell on the point too much, see this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=55.msg106#msg106

Quote from: QBZappy on January 24, 2011, 07:22:07 AM
Yes, I was referring to Obi unit web page. Looks to me you need to make this a sticky. Conclusion for users is that configuration via web portal or Obi unit can result in conflicting or seemingly confusing configs. Good to know this. Still would like field description on the unit. Tks.

Quote from: OBi-Guru on January 24, 2011, 05:42:42 PM
Good point, we have now made a sticky topic - once the device is managed by OBiTALK portal, better NOT to modify the parameters directly on the device webpage.    OBiTALK portal may overwrite those parameters on its regular resync interval.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

helpful55

RonR I had this same problem with my callcentric password. With this I have the first of those two and I changed that, but there is no OBiTALK Provisioning listing. Where to find it or what to do? Thanks.

SteveInWA

You're posting in a four-year-old discussion.

If you would just upgrade your OBi (discussed in your other thread), you could have configured both Google Voice and Callcentric, right from the OBiTALK portal, by now.

Callcentric:  click on the SP you wish (e.g. SP2).  On the next page, scroll down to the bottom of the page, select "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers", and, on the next page, select Callcentric.  Enter your Callcentric account's SIP username (1777xxxxxxx) and SIP password, click the button, and you're done.

helpful55

I responded here as there was mention in here of this being an known issue and they seemed to say that it was getting old re telling people about this solution.

I originally started the Callcentric for in case back when there was all of the scare over GV going away, but I keep it as a backup and it works so GV can call my phone instead of wearing out my phone keypad. I know how to select the SP and I have done all of that as far as upgrading and setting up GV and that works fine. It is not clear that the Callcentric acct. # goes in the box that says Callcentric number. Who would think that means an acct. # especially since both #'s start with a 1 and have 11 digits. They need to change the box to say Callcentric acct. #. I at first started with my CC phone number, but with your words I went to my acct. #. Still no go. I was using the password I use to access my CC account, but when I went into that to look around I see that there is a slightly different password that is called web password. I tried that and it now works.  Thanks again.

SteveInWA

You can have one Callcentric account, which, like most SIP VoIP providers, has some way to identify you (their "account number", which starts with 1777), and that one account can have a wheelbarrow full of different inbound telephone numbers (DIDs) and/or extensions.  Each such DID and/or extension needs to have a unique identifier, so it can separately register with your VoIP user agents (software phones, ATAs, PBXs and/or IP phones).  That identifier is the SIP username.

In Callcentric's case, the account number is always 1777xxxxxxx, and the main/first SIP registration uses that same number as the SIP username.  You assign whatever SIP password you wish, on the Callcentric portal.  Each additional extension's SIP username adds a three-digit suffix to the main 1777... number, and also needs a SIP password.

The Callcentric account password can (and should be) something entirely different from the SIP password(s) used for each extension.

Example:

Joe Obidude has a Callcentric account, 17771234567, and he assigns mypassword as his account password.  This credential pair is used to access Joe's Callcentric web portal, where he can manage his account settings, voicemail, billing, etc.

Joe has two inbound DID numbers.  He wants one to ring on OBi SP1, and the other to ring on OBi SP2.

DID #1:  SIP username = 1771234567 and SIP password = dumbpasswordone
DID #2:  SIP username = 1771234567101 and SIP password = dumbpasswordtwo