News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to route calls based on number format

Started by mish, March 13, 2012, 07:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mish

I researched and researched but could not figure out how to do this.

I have setup google voice as SP1 and voip.ms account as SP2.
Now I would like 3 and 4 digit numbers (starting with number 1) to be dialed out using SP2.

Ideally I would also like to be able to use a prefix and dial 11 digit US numbers using SP2 (so say 71xxx.xxx.xxxx).

How do I do that? I guess it is to do with gateway and trunks but I couldnot figure it out.

Thanks!

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**2>1xxx?|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxx?|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code for 7-digit dialing.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

3/4 digits  ->  SP2
                        7/10/11 digits  ->  SP1
                                    011 +  ->  SP1
**2 + 3/4/7/10/11 digits/011+  ->  SP2

mish

thanks for such a prompt reply!

in this instruction have you assumed that google voice is SP1?
it appears that you have assumed otherwise.

to clarify: google voice is SP1 and voip.ms is SP2.

if it matters. then i will go ahead and code in the details you have shared.
thanks again!

mish

also, I am trying to use the web interface - expert interface.
and i am unable to modify the DigitMap of SP2.
any ideas what might be going wrong?

thanks again for handholding.

it is failing here. i even unchecked the check box next to digitmap.
Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

RonR

It's much quicker and simpler to configure the OBi directly by logging into the IP address returned by dialing ***1, but if you insist on using the slower and more complex method:

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

Should you elect to configure the OBi directly, don't forget to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Stewart

Quote from: mish on March 13, 2012, 07:10:54 AMNow I would like 3 and 4 digit numbers (starting with number 1) to be dialed out using SP2.
If the 3 or 4 digits include the initial 1, e.g. 123 and 1345 should be sent to SP2, then your rules should be:

(<**2>1xxx?|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxx?|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code for 7-digit dialing.

However, note that when you set up such a dial plan, there is a delay when you dial e.g. 1345, because the OBi has to wait to see whether more digits are coming.  Conversely, if you pause too long after dialing an area code, the OBi will mistakenly treat the call as a 4-digit code to SP2.  I assume that these short codes are extension numbers or speed dials.  If you have control of the overall system, you might choose short codes that don't conflict with the North American numbering plan, e.g. have 3-digit codes 100-109 and 4-digit codes 1100-1199.  With appropriate digit maps, there would be no delay on any calls (except 7-digit dialing in the local area).  There are lots of other possible ways to design a no-conflict plan, e.g. start short codes with 0 (but not 01).

mish

Indeed these are extension numbers.

And the extension numbers all start with 10.
They are 10x or 10xx.

Can I make a change such that 10x and 10xx go to SP2 without that much delay?

Stewart

Well, since both the 3- and 4-digit numbers start with 10, you need to hard-code what range is three digits.  For example, if you have 102-109 and 1000-1019, you could use:

(<**2>10[2-9]|<**2>10[01]x|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

mish

@Stewart - thanks for sharing the updated digitplan. By then I had already tried the earlier plan and that appears to work. So thank you!

And thanks to @RonR!

Cheers.