July 25, 2014, 12:58:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Factory reset your OBi110  (Read 53376 times)
OBi-Guru
Administrator

« on: October 20, 2010, 11:49:28 am »

There are 2 ways to do this:
1. Power on the unit (no need to connect phone or internet), and look for the distinctive hole on the back of the OBi110 by the top-left corner of the product label.    Insert tip of a paper-clip and press for 10 seconds.   The power LED will blink and the unit will reboot.

2. With the unit connected to the same network as your PC, open the webpage of the device.  Under System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration.
RonR
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 02:45:55 pm »

3. Enter ***81 on the phone connected to the OBi's PHONE port.
AmigaDude

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 09:14:13 am »

I have'nt tried this (yet), but if ***81 truly resets the Obi that could be worrisome.

Toddlers in the house have been known to dial random digits, and I'd hate to have to reload the config whenever I figured out what happened.  Hopefully 1.2 will include some way to disable this feature.

jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 09:26:50 am »

Pressing ***81 reboots the device and it then shows in Obitalk as online-unmanaged.

Last time I had one show as unmanaged I couldn't figure out how to change the status so I just deleted it and re added it.

after pressing ***81

From the dashboard
device shows as online-unmanaged
device configuration still shows my selectred settings
the service provider still shows my selected choice (google voice) but it shows "service not configured"
   clicking on "service provider", prior selected settings still showing

From Expert Configuration
the complete configuration is still showing, no changes from the supposed reset.

From the web interface
password now defaulted to "admin"
everything is showing at factory settings

From the phone
attempted call results "there is no service"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:29:44 am by jimates » Logged
QBZappy
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 10:40:52 am »

Hi,

I'm not sure how I lost my OBi config settings.

I did ***81 to test it, and was poking around the OBi expert configuration in the OBi portal. I now find that all my OBi settings are set to default, the password was reset to admin.

How did I mess this up? I didn't see it coming.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street.
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 10:55:45 am »

Pressing ***81 reboots the device and it then shows in Obitalk as online-unmanaged.

Last time I had one show as unmanaged I couldn't figure out how to change the status so I just deleted it and re added it.

after pressing ***81

From the dashboard
device shows as online-unmanaged
device configuration still shows my selectred settings
the service provider still shows my selected choice (google voice) but it shows "service not configured"
   clicking on "service provider", prior selected settings still showing

From Expert Configuration
the complete configuration is still showing, no changes from the supposed reset.

From the web interface
password now defaulted to "admin"
everything is showing at factory settings

From the phone
attempted call results "there is no service"

Since the settings are still in the fields I clicked submit on every page.

Nothing I do from the portal or Expert Config. makes any difference. If I enter the info manually from the web interface it works again.

The "service Provider"  at the dashboard now shows connected, but it still shows the device as "online-unmanaged"
jimates
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 11:11:37 am »

I just looked at the dashboard and now it is showing back online as normal.

now I will have to do it all over again to see what actually makes the difference, and how long it takes.
yhfung
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 07:26:50 am »

If factory reset does not solve your problem, please consider to disable dhcp and fill in the ip address, gateway, netmask, and dns. Sometimes it may solve your problem.

YH

Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com
yhfung
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 10:16:39 am »

This happens once again after my OBi110 installed in China has been factory resetted, the OBiTalk echo test and add devices in the ObiTalk portal DO NOT work.

I do not know where gives this problem, either from the China Internet Telco or the DHCP function in OBi110. Therefore I disabled the DHCP funtion in OBi110 and use the Static Mode for the Network Settings as follows:

With the above settings everything works fine.

YH

* 0001.gif (11.8 KB, 767x271 - viewed 2700 times.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:20:57 am by yhfung » Logged

Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com
xboxhaxorz

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 10:02:46 am »

i have performed the factory reset using both options but when i login via IP or obitalk it shows the settings still there that i have inputted prior to reset
drgeoff

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 10:53:38 am »

i have performed the factory reset using both options but when i login via IP or obitalk it shows the settings still there that i have inputted prior to reset
You could try removing your device from the OBiTALK portal before doing the reset.
giqcass

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 03:37:26 pm »

You could try removing your device from the OBiTALK portal before doing the reset.
That was part of the instructions I gave here.  You must follow ALL of the steps.  If you don't remove the Obi from the portal it will attempt to grab settings from the portal when it resets.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:39:00 pm by giqcass » Logged

Register at e164.org and friends can use Sipbroker to call you from a regular telephone for free from almost any country.
DDNS hack for OBi
Old OBi? Want Ring.to?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: