News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

incoming google chat requests to obi110 using google voice cannot be answered

Started by zanophol, March 16, 2012, 09:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanophol

If my setup is to have the Obi110 be my SIP bridge between Google Voice and a regular phone, is it possible for someone on a computer to send a chat request to me and have the Obi110 ring my phone and connect the "call"?

QBZappy

zanophol,

Even more simple than that. Anyone can use Gtalk , once Google voice is setup, to call you directly on your OBi. No need to use chat. You can also setup speed dials with Gtalk accounts, making it possible for you to call other Gtalk users from the phone attached to you OBi.

Anyhow the OBi does not support chat.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

zanophol

I apologize for some confusion. When I said "chat," I meant Gtalk. What happens now, is that someone issues a Gtalk request to my Gtalk address, and it comes into GV and then hits the Obi110. The phone rings, but you cannot hear anything if the "call" connects at all. Is there any special configuration I need to have to make this work?

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: zanophol on March 16, 2012, 11:24:28 AM
I apologize for some confusion. When I said "chat," I meant Gtalk. What happens now, is that someone issues a Gtalk request to my Gtalk address, and it comes into GV and then hits the Obi110. The phone rings, but you cannot hear anything if the "call" connects at all. Is there any special configuration I need to have to make this work?

If you have not updated your firmware in the last day or so, try that.  Dial ***6, and if it says a firmware update is available, press 1 to accept.  Make sure you don't interrupt the power supply to the adapter while the update is in progress.  That may resolve your issue.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

RevKev

Quoteis it possible for someone on a computer to send a chat request to me
You do mean a voice call, not a text chat, right? (just want to make sure)
Do other calls to your GV number work okay?