News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 google voice accounts?

Started by chris18202, March 16, 2012, 04:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris18202

I wanted to setup the caller id block (anonymous calling) feature on a permanent basis, but found out there is no way to do that when using google voice. Is there a way to setup two google voice accounts so that one account you can receive calls on and the other account you can only send calls on?

Or is there another way someone knows to get free calling and still have the anonymous calling feature work? I've checked out several voip services and all of them seem to want you to pay something. The cheapest I've found was one for 5 dollars a month.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

user17600

You could always enable "do not disturb" on the "outgoing" line.  But voicemail will still pick up.  You could record a "out of service" message with SIT tones to mimic the actual thing.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: chris18202 on March 16, 2012, 04:02:29 PMIs there a way to setup two google voice accounts so that one account you can receive calls on and the other account you can only send calls on?

Sure, make the one you want to use to send calls your primary line, and don't ever dial the **n code to select the other account.

Incoming calls on either account will still ring the phone, though if for some reason you don't want that I'm sure there are several ways around it.  Such as, in the Google Voice settings, uncheck all the destinations including Google Chat.  Calls would still go to Google Voice's voicemail, but you don't ever have to check it.  You could even change the voicemail answer message on that account to something that would discourage callers from leaving a message (busy signal, out-of-service recording, etc.).
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

jimates

you can download my zip file that contains the "out of service with SIT tone" and a "24 second busy with # key"

http://thejmart.com/disc-busy.zip

chris18202

I just want to say thank you for everyone that responded to my question. You guys are awesome. I got my second google account setup. So I can now call out on one account and receive calls on the other. The account I call out on will give a busy signal as the voice recording if someone dials that number. It's also setup to go straight to voicemail and not ring the phone which is what I wanted. I found a website that had an online recording of a phone's busy signal.