News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Successful port from vonage to verizon prepaid to Google Voice in five days

Started by garyhal, March 19, 2012, 12:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyhal

My goal was to keep my 25 year old telephone number but move it to free google voice. This number had been ported from a landline approx. six years ago to vonage. Vonage was a good service but every six months or year my " $20 per month special" would run out and I would be billed for $35 and I would have to call them and threaten to leave unless they continued the $20 special. 

After seeing all the positive reviews on Amazon with the OBI110 and Google Voice I was ready to move my service from Vonage.  On Monday I got out the new Obi110 that came from Amazon. In about 30 min. I had it working with dial tone and a misc. google voice number. Then I pulled out an old razer from the desk that had previously been on verizon several years ago. I called and signed up for verizon wireless prepaid  on this phone. I had to start with a minimum $15 dollar balance which I charged. At the same time I requested a number port of my home number from vonage. I had written down my vonage account number  and pin to give to the VZ person. In about fifteen min. I had cell service but before I hung up I made sure I had my vz account number and pin. By Tuesday night I got several texts on the razer saying my new number was the one I ported from vonage.

Now sometimes when people called me it would ring on the vz wireless phone and other times it would ring on the vonage line.  I decided not to do anything on Wed to let all the vendors computers sync up properly and get databases straight and also see if the vonage line would stop working. Throughout wed I still had outgoing vonage service and an occasional call on the vonage line. On Thursday I got an email from Vonage that service had been discontinued and sure enough the vonage line was dead. It was not a problem because I had GV service and the prepaid cell phone if needed to make/receive calls.

Thursday afternoon I logged into my GV account and went through the $20 porting process. Friday afternoon I got an email from Google saying port was successful. Also VZ wireless sent me an email saying wireless service had been terminated.

I am a happy camper with same number, same features and more and NO phone bill. Call quality is the same as with vonage and I can't wait to use the phone number blocking to minimize unwanted calls.