News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric, Voip.ms, Anveo

Started by lightspeed, March 20, 2012, 10:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightspeed

Any comments on which service is better - callcentric, voip.ms, or anveo?

RFord

They are equally very good providers (high voice quality).  IMHO, Aveno (the new kid on the block) is more feature rich than the other two and is continuously adding new and cutting edge features.  Anveo offers the cheapest e911 feature ($0.80), with no setup cost.  Like Callcentric, they do not require you to purchase a DID in order to setup e911, which is not the case for VOIP.ms.  Anveo offers free incoming calls on the free plan via SIP URI (1555XXXXXXXXXX SIP URI) and allow 40 minutes per day free incoming sip uri if the calls are routed through their call flow.  Also, they allow free incoming faxs, etc.

Quote from: lightspeed on March 20, 2012, 10:30:18 AM
Any comments on which service is better - callcentric, voip.ms, or anveo?

ProfTech

I have tried all three of those. Anveo seems pretty flexible but oriented more toward business use. If you want even some of the simpler functions provided by Callcentric and Voip.ms, you have to pay extra with Anveo and  you have to be pretty savvy to set up their callflows. Callcentric has probably the best user interface [simplest] for the average user and if your usage is a little higher they may be cheaper in the long run than Voip.ms because Callcentric offers "One price" packages. If your usage is not high Voip.ms may be a little cheaper but not a whole lot. They only offer pay-as-you-go packages. As noted, both offer 911 service. Overall I believe Callcentric has the best customer service and I have contacted all three. One more thing, the Anveo pricing is very convoluted and hard to understand exactly what you are getting for your money.

Shale

I wanted to try Anveo and saw they had a free account, which seemed useful for experimenting. I wanted to hear the voice quality during a few test calls. Since I was not getting a number initially, there would be no incoming calls. That's OK... I tried a call, and I got a "configure e911 before making call". Hmmm. OK. For a US person, that is their requirement. $0.80 seems small enough.

But wait: http://www.anveodirect.com/about/faq says "The minimum amount which you can add into your account is $50." I find the Anveo pricing structure to be somewhat confusing, but that $50 was quite the surprise. I was surprised that I did not see that commented on in various posting that I searched. Do the other providers have similar pricing surprises?

QBZappy

Shale,

Welcome,

I believe voipms is $25 min to start.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Shale

My mistake.... Anveo Direct is not Anveo... I see that Anveo will take a $10 payment.

Felix

FWIW, Future Nine is also in the similar category... And they have free porting for next few days for some states. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of these companies

CarlNH

I had to make a similar decision and went with Anveo.  Callcentric would probably have won out if they hadn't had all the service problems recently.  Anveo pricing is a bit convoluted but think I have it figured out.  I ported my landline number to them on the personal unlimited plan which is $24 per year and, with the current promo, included a free port in.  There is unlimited free inbound on this plan plus $.80 per month for required e911 fee.  If you want CNAM on inbound calls, it's .009 per call.  Outbound to USA and Canada is .01 per minute but I use GV for outbound calling  Have only been using Anveo for a week now but call quality is great and everything seems to be functioning well.