News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[S] What star code do I use to listen to messages?

Started by Robert.Thompson, March 21, 2012, 08:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

Hello:

I seem to have successfully enable 'message notification' - I can hear the message waiting tone.

I can't find the code to listen to my messages in "OBiFeatureStarCodes.pdf" or "OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf".

I am using an Obi 110 with Anveo as SP2.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

RonR

The OBi isn't involved with listening to messages from your service provider.  The access code for each provider is different.  For anveo, it's *97.  You'll need to add a rule to allow this Star Code to be sent the provider:

Service Providers -> ITSP Porfile x -> General -> DigitMap : (*97|...)

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: RonR on March 21, 2012, 08:16:46 AM
The OBi isn't involved with listening to messages from your service provider.  The access code for each provider is different.  For anveo, it's *97.  You'll need to add a rule to allow this Star Code to be sent the provider:

Service Providers -> ITSP Porfile x -> General -> DigitMap : (*97|...)

Thanks Ron, you are a star! :)
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Snevl

Posting my first post to this old topic, as it is exactly what I'm dealing with.

I need to add *97 to the digitmap for ITSP2, but I don't think I understand enough about this digitmap stuff to know what to do. My current one under ITSP2->General->DigitMap is:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

So I get that I need to do something with *97 in there, but... What?

TIA,

Steve

ianobi

Go into expert pages, uncheck the two boxes to the right of that digit map and add *97, so that the modified map looks like:

(*97|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Press submit, then wait for the Obi to reboot.

Snevl

Quote from: ianobi on August 21, 2012, 11:32:02 PM
Go into expert pages, uncheck the two boxes to the right of that digit map and add *97, so that the modified map looks like:

(*97|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Press submit, then wait for the Obi to reboot.
I've been avoiding edits to my Obi via the Obitalk portal (did that once after I had manually put in my Anveo stuff, and the portal edit wiped it out), so I do my mods manually by going to the local IP address. Is it a safe bet that you are talking about the ITSP Profile B Digit Map, since that is what looks closest to what you said.

I'll give it a try and hope for the best! Thanks!

Steve