News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 in Italy

Started by aloysius, March 21, 2012, 09:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aloysius

Hello,
I finally opened the box of my new OBi110 (had to replace the PSU), but I'm overwhelmed by all of its features.

Basically, I'd like to use it with a POTS line and a SIP account and for the time being, disable Obitalk and any kind of bridging/call transfer/forward.
I've set up the SIP1 voice service, but I'm not sure how to select the default outbound line. Ideally I'd love it to be the POTS one and only use SIP1 with a prefix of some sort.

Also how can you tell from which line calls are coming in? Is there a distinctive ringing feature?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Regards

hwittenb

To make the POTS line the default outbound line set:
Physical Interfaces --> Phone Port --> Primary Line --> PSTN Line
Then to dial a call using SP1, which you said you configured for voip, you would preface the call with **1, otherwise the dialed call will go on the PSTN Line

I don't believe you will do any call bridging or forwarding without changing the default settings.

Incoming calls will come to you via SP1, SP2 (if configured), or the Line Port.  Each of these services have a default configuration for "Ring Profile" which are defined under Ring Settings.... Ring Profile A and Ring Profile B.  The OBihai Admin Guide says Ring Profile A matches the ringing in the U.S., Ring Profile B matches the ringing in Australia.  Within each Ring Profile they have defined 10 different ringing cadences for distinctive ringing.  There is a configuration setting under SP1, SP2, Line Port, OBiTalk Port.  In your case you are receiving calls via SP1, and Line Port
Voice Services --> SP1 Service --> X_DefaultRing
and
Physical Interfaces --> Line Port --> X_DefaultRing

In your default configuration, these settings are  set by default to Ring Pattern 1.  You can change the setting to whichever pattern you wish.

From OBi Device Administration Guide:
Default ring pattern number to ring the PHONE port for incoming calls on this trunk that are routed to the PHONE port according to the InboundCallRoute of this service. The ring pattern is taken from the selected Ring Profile. Valid choices are 1-10
http://obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

aloysius

Quote from: hwittenb on March 21, 2012, 07:13:43 PM
To make the POTS line the default outbound line set:
Physical Interfaces --> Phone Port --> Primary Line --> PSTN Line
Then to dial a call using SP1, which you said you configured for voip, you would preface the call with **1, otherwise the dialed call will go on the PSTN Line

I don't believe you will do any call bridging or forwarding without changing the default settings.

Perfect, thanks.

Quote from: hwittenb on March 21, 2012, 07:13:43 PM
Incoming calls will come to you via SP1, SP2 (if configured), or the Line Port.  Each of these services have a default configuration for "Ring Profile" which are defined under Ring Settings.... Ring Profile A and Ring Profile B.  The OBihai Admin Guide says Ring Profile A matches the ringing in the U.S., Ring Profile B matches the ringing in Australia.  Within each Ring Profile they have defined 10 different ringing cadences for distinctive ringing.  There is a configuration setting under SP1, SP2, Line Port, OBiTalk Port.  In your case you are receiving calls via SP1, and Line Port
Voice Services --> SP1 Service --> X_DefaultRing
and
Physical Interfaces --> Line Port --> X_DefaultRing

In your default configuration, these settings are  set by default to Ring Pattern 1.  You can change the setting to whichever pattern you wish.

From OBi Device Administration Guide:
Default ring pattern number to ring the PHONE port for incoming calls on this trunk that are routed to the PHONE port according to the InboundCallRoute of this service. The ring pattern is taken from the selected Ring Profile. Valid choices are 1-10
http://obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

I tried every pattern in the ring profile A and couldn't notice any difference with my cordless phone. Perhaps I should try a wired one.

As sidenote, I also tried the example pattern at page #104 of the admin guide ( 4(1/.3+2.34,3/2+1.5) ) and the unit went nuts! Sluggish web interface, some pages failing to load, SP1 and SP2 stats with very high values, some negative.
I had to reset that parameter to default and reboot to make it work again.

Regards

hwittenb

Quote from: aloysius on March 22, 2012, 02:36:01 AM
I tried every pattern in the ring profile A and couldn't notice any difference with my cordless phone. Perhaps I should try a wired one.
I would try a regular wired phone.  It could be that your cordless phone has its own ringing cadence.  I did test Ring Pattern 6 with two different cordless phone brands that I have and the ringing cadence definitely changed.

Of course, if you are changing the configuration directly on the OBi110 you need to have disabled the OBiTalk Provisioning as is mentioned a number of places or the OBiTalk Provisioning will reset changes back to the settings they maintain in their file.

As sidenote, I also tried the example pattern at page #104 of the admin guide
The page 104 example is a "tone" specification example not a ringing cadence example.

aloysius

Quote from: hwittenb on March 22, 2012, 08:34:58 AM
I would try a regular wired phone.  It could be that your cordless phone has its own ringing cadence.  I did test Ring Pattern 6 with two different cordless phone brands that I have and the ringing cadence definitely changed.

A wired phone shows the difference. I also tried looking into the service menu of my siemens cordless for some hidden setting, but there wasn't any. :\
Oh well, the calls coming through SIP always show the international prefix, so I can tell.

BTW, For the POTS incoming calls I've noticed a few seconds delay before the OBi110 starts ringing compared to the other phones on the line. Do you think it would be possible to shorten it?

RonR

Quote from: aloysius on March 23, 2012, 12:25:27 AM
BTW, For the POTS incoming calls I've noticed a few seconds delay before the OBi110 starts ringing compared to the other phones on the line. Do you think it would be possible to shorten it?

CallerID is normally sent between the first and second rings, so the OBi is waiting to receive and decode it in case the call is to be sent elsewhere, ignored, etc.  If you don't care about CallerID being detected, decoded, and acted upon, you can set:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay : 0

aloysius

Quote from: hwittenb on March 22, 2012, 08:34:58 AM
The page 104 example is a "tone" specification example not a ringing cadence example.

Still, I think that field could use some input sanitisation.

Quote from: RonR on March 23, 2012, 02:29:24 AM
CallerID is normally sent between the first and second rings, so the OBi is waiting to receive and decode it in case the call is to be sent elsewhere, ignored, etc.  If you don't care about CallerID being detected, decoded, and acted upon, you can set:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay : 0

Thanks, that did the trick!

aloysius

Trying to set up the Italian dialtone.
So far I've found it's a single 425Hz note in two segments: 0.2s then 0.2s pause then 0.6s then 1s pause, all for a 10s cycle.
I've tried a few times, but I keep getting the syntax wrong: any expert in this regard?

Stewart

I posted this at DSLR, but it's just a guess:
425-16;20;(.2+.2,.6+1.0)

aloysius

Thanks, tones appear to be ok now.

I have another problem though: I can't dial cellphone numbers via SP1 (they all begin with 3) and receive a 40-4 code from the OBi110.

Everything works if I include the international prefix (0039) and it works with another client, so it must be due to some digitmap or callroute setting, but I can't find any reference in the default ones  :-\

Stewart

Look at Call History to see where the failing call was routed and what number was sent to the provider.

aloysius

Quote from: Stewart on March 27, 2012, 01:41:38 AM
Look at Call History to see where the failing call was routed and what number was sent to the provider.

Thanks for the hint.
For some reason it adds a leading "1" to the number. It happens even if I set SIP1 as primary line.

edit: I tried removing "<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx" from the digitmap, but nothing changed.

aloysius

Quote from: aloysius on March 27, 2012, 03:44:57 AM

Thanks for the hint.
For some reason it adds a leading "1" to the number. It happens even if I set SIP1 as primary line.

edit: I tried removing "<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx" from the digitmap, but nothing changed.

My mistake, I was changing the digitmap in the wrong place. Everything works now.