News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Completely odd setup issue

Started by neilio, March 22, 2012, 07:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilio

I'm having the weirdest time trying to get my OBI100 working. Downstairs in my office I can set it up to work perfectly, but upstairs I'm having nothing but problems.

In both situations I'm configuring from obitalk.com

The setup in my office:
- Connected via Ethernet directly to router
- OBI gets an IP, registers with obitalk.com and can receive and dial out with no problems.

Everything works.

Upstairs:
- Connected either via powerline Ethernet or Airport Express -> Ethernet

Some of the problems I'm having here:

Via Powerline Ethernet:
- OBI tells me that it has an IP, but can't access the Internet and I don't get a dial tone
- I can't ping the OBI's IP from another system on my network
- Can't dial into the OBI (*** gets nothing, no dial tone).

Via Airport Express Ethernet-out port
- Can dial in and connect the device to Obitalk.com.
- Configuring obitalk.com seems to work, but can't dial out ("no service" error)
- I *can* call into the setup attendant, but nothing I've done here has fixed the issue (switched Ethernet duplex, reset to defaults, etc.)

The odd thing is I have a SPA3102 plugged into the same powerline Ethernet connection and wall plug as noted above and it works just fine — this is actually our default VOIP device in the house. And as I mentioned, if I bring the OBI100 back down to my office it works perfectly.

Has anyone had similarly odd issues? Is there a workaround or anything I can try to figure out what's going on?

Neil

RonR

You might try changing the OBi Ethernet port from 10 mb/s half-duplex to 100 mb/s full duplex to see if that helps:

1. Dial *** 0

2. Enter option 27 and press #

3. Press 1 to set a new value

4. Enter a value of 1 and press #

5. Press 1 to confirm/save

6. Hang up

7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

neilio

Hi Ron -

You probably missed where I mentioned I tried that. :) It didn't change anything.

RonR

Quote from: neilio on March 22, 2012, 07:46:30 PM
Hi Ron -

You probably missed where I mentioned I tried that. :) It didn't change anything.

Yes, I did, sorry.