News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Route calls matching certain pattern to other Service Provider without ** code?

Started by Koby, March 23, 2012, 11:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koby

My SP1 is Google Voice.
My SP2 is a extension on a SIP PBX

All the extensions on the PBX have numbers in the range 1000 through 1199 (I think that is so there is no conflict with area codes which start with 2 through 9)

I want to make it so when I dial one of the extensions it goes to SP2 without the need to dial **2 first.

I am guessing that in the PHONE port configuration I need to do this

- Add 1[01]xx (between vertical bars) to the DigitMap
- Add {1[01]xx:sp2} (between commas) to the OutboundCallRoute

Is that correct and is that all I need to do?  Is there a better way to do this?

RonR

Quote from: Koby on March 23, 2012, 11:58:04 AM
- Add {1[01]xx:sp2} (between commas) to the OutboundCallRoute

The OutboundCallRoute rule would need to be : {(1[01]xx):sp2}

If it were me, I would do all this in the DigitMap which is already dedicated to SP2 instead of modifying the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (1[01]xx)

and then add this to your PrimaryLine DigitMap : (<**2>1[01]xx|...)

This way, it works with or without **2.

Koby

I missed the parens.  Thanks.

When you say you would do it in the ITSP Profile B DigitMap, I don't understand how that would work if SP1 is the primary line.  Wouldn't anything in there be ignored unless you dialed **2 first?

Or do you mean I should do that but also change something in the phone port settings other than the (<**2>1[01]xx|...) that you mentioned.

And why would it be better to do it that way?

Just trying to understand basic configuration.

RonR

Quote from: Koby on March 23, 2012, 02:28:30 PM
When you say you would do it in the ITSP Profile B DigitMap, I don't understand how that would work if SP1 is the primary line.  Wouldn't anything in there be ignored unless you dialed **2 first?

Or do you mean I should do that but also change something in the phone port settings other than the (<**2>1[01]xx|...) that you mentioned.

With no changes to the PHONE Port DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute but with '<**2>1[01]xx' added to your PrimaryLine (SP1 / ITSP Profile A) DigitMap, dialing 1000 through 1199 (without dialing **2) will be automatically redirected to SP2.

Quote from: Koby on March 23, 2012, 02:28:30 PM
And why would it be better to do it that way?

I prefer to keep the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute unmodified in order to maintain simplicity and readability.  I also prefer to keep trunk specific rules in that particular trunk's DigitMap, again for maintenance and understandability reasons.  Plus, it maintains the consistency of being able to use **2 if desired.