News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 110 (GV) Forward 2nd inbound call to Obi 100 (GV) when OBi 110 is in use???

Started by jonesjeremya, March 24, 2012, 12:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesjeremya

I have tried for the last half hour to search for a topic I seem to remember seeing about a month or so ago.  It was very similar to what I would like to accomplish, but now I cannot find it.

I have an OBi110, and an Obi100, already configured and working with Google voice.  I currently have two Google voice numbers available.  I can add more if needed...

I want to setup my OBi's in the following way:  
Scenario:
A call comes in to my primary GV1 number on the OBi 110, the call rings the physical phone attached to the phone port.  The call is answered by a person and that "line" is then "in use".  A second, concurrent call comes in on the same GV1 number, Instead of call waiting...

I would like that second inbound call to be routed to the OBi 100 which will ring a separate physical phone attached to the phone port on the 100.

I know I cannot forward to another GV number, (i.e GV1 > GV2)  However, I did remember reading that somehow, it is possible for the OBi110, to route an incoming call to a different device, i.e the Obi100

I would be grateful for some help on this subject!
Thanks,
Jeremy

RonR

OBi110:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallForwardOnBusyEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallForwardOnBusyNumber : PP(ob200123456)

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi100

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> CallWaitingEnable : (unchecked)

jonesjeremya

Quote from: RonR on March 24, 2012, 12:58:51 PM
OBi110:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallForwardOnBusyEnable : (checked)

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi100

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> CallWaitingEnable : (unchecked)

Many Thanks!!!!

Also, I'm guessing there's no reliable way to push a Caller ID name from my outbound GV calls?

RonR

Quote from: jonesjeremya on March 24, 2012, 01:19:13 PM
Also, I'm guessing there's no reliable way to push a Caller ID name from my outbound GV calls?

Except on SIP calls, CallerID Name is not transmitted.  Google Voice does not use SIP and does not support CallerID Name in any fashion.  CallerID Name is normally a lookup process provided by the receiving service provider.

jonesjeremya

RonR

Thanks for the info.  I'm not able to get the forwarding working.

What would be the exact syntax for the parameter CallForwardOnBusyNumber: ?

Provided my OBi 100 was 200123456

Thanks again!!

RonR

Quote from: jonesjeremya on March 24, 2012, 02:31:14 PM
What would be the exact syntax for the parameter CallForwardOnBusyNumber: ?

Provided my OBi 100 was 200123456

What happens when a second call comes in and what is shown in the OBi Call History?

I just test it here and it works as expected:

First incoming call goes to OBi110 PHONE Port.
Second incoming call goes to OBi100 PHONE Port.

jonesjeremya

Thanks RonR.

Ok, got it now, sort-of

A couple of things....

1) When the 2nd call to the GV1# is forwarded, it is answered by "OBi Attendant" or something like that...I have to press option 1 for the call to finally connect to the OBi100.  Surely I can turn that menu prompt off?  Is the menu prompt coming from the 110?

2) What would be the best way to handle a no answer situation when a call is rolled over to the OBi100.  Currently, since it's a direct transfer of Obi110>OBi100, there is no voice mail or anything so it just rings continuously.

Suggestions?  And thanks again for your help, I'd still be lost without it!

Jeremy

RonR

You probably added the OBi's to the Circle-of-Trust.  By doing so, you are asking to have calls between them go to the Auto Attendant.  Remove the OBi's from the Circle-of-Trust and verify:

OBi100:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : ph

RonR

Quote from: jonesjeremya on March 24, 2012, 03:06:41 PM
2) What would be the best way to handle a no answer situation when a call is rolled over to the OBi100.  Currently, since it's a direct transfer of Obi110>OBi100, there is no voice mail or anything so it just rings continuously.

Calls should be picked up by Google Voice voicemail after not being answered for 25 seconds.