News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 can't factory reset

Started by sholomber, April 05, 2024, 04:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholomber

I bought a second hand Obi 200 and I cannot set it up on my account because it is already connected to another account so I have to factory reset it but first they have to delete it from their account is there a way to override this?

drgeoff

Quote from: sholomber on April 05, 2024, 04:24:32 PMI bought a second hand Obi 200 and I cannot set it up on my account because it is already connected to another account so I have to factory reset it but first they have to delete it from their account is there a way to override this?
No, not by you.  It can only be removed from an account by logging in to the portal of that account or by Obihai tech support.

But even if you had the device on your account there is nothing you could do there that you cannot do by logging in locally to the OBi200's on board web server.

Dial ***8 and follow the audio prompts to reset.  Dial ***1 to hear the IP address.  Put that into your browser and login with admin and admin.  Then go to System Management, Auto Provisioning, Obitalk Provisioning and set Method to Disabled.  You will need to untick the box in the Default column to make the the drop down changeable.

Then configure to your needs.  The Admin Guide is at https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf