News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble with people I call not being able to hear me always

Started by FutureDoc, March 27, 2012, 06:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FutureDoc

I am having trouble with my OBi. The problem is that when I call people, sometimes I can hear them, but they say that I am "going in and out" or that they are only hearing a little bit of what I am saying. It doesn't happen all of the time though. I am on the latest software version, have two google voice accounts and a good internet connection. Anyone have any ideas?

RonR

VoIP audio problems are often caused by home networking routers.  A good first step to troubleshooting VoIP audio problems is to temporarily eliminate the router to see if the problem goes away.

If possible, temporarily connect the OBi directly to your modem.  Power-cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the direct connection.  Verify that you can still reach the echo test at **9 222 222 222.  Then determine if the audio problems are still present.  If the problem persists, then the router is clearly not the source.  If the problem is gone, then the router is liley the culprit.

shastastan

I'm having a similar problem, but it hasn't happened for a couple of days.  I'll try taking the router out of the loop if it happens again, though.  We were using Ooma and it went directly to the modem and the router plugged into Ooma.  Had to take Ooma out to get the network back online.  I'll post back if I can determine a cause and fix.