News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is there a way to reset the password for the browser access?

Started by LeftRight, November 05, 2010, 09:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeftRight

A friend of mine recently got his OBi Unit in Canada, and everything went very well... making calls, managing OBi unit via the web browser using user 'admin' and password 'admin'... He later received the registration confirmation at OBiTALK and downloaded the firmware update. However, when he was registering the OBi unit on OBiTALK, the unit reset, and after that he could not log into it via the web browser. The unit still worked (He checked calling **9-222-222-222), but he just could not log into it now, because it does not seem to accept user 'admin' with password 'admin' anymore. Is there a way to reset the password for the browser access?

Yes...the solution is to reset password in OBiTALK account. There is a setting called "Webpage Admin Password" in device configuration in OBiTALK, which is located at "OBi dashboard" --> "My OBI endpoints" --> "Device Configuration". Reset password to 'admin' or anything you prefer, and use this for the browser access.

Hope this is helpful to someone who has the similar problem...

ShermanObi

As a security precaution, when the OBiTALK portal is used to manage the OBi device, the Admin Password is modified to a randomized alpha-numeric phrase.  The result is made visible to (and editable by) the user when logged in to the OBiTALK portal.

In most all usage scenarios, OBi devices will rarely be managed from the device management web page resident on the device.  Instead, the OBiTALK portal will be used as the management point for all of the users devices and soft phone endpoints.

max_n_me

After installing the latest firmware I am unable to access obi web portal. and I don't have the option mentioned above. Help

OBi-Guru

The default access to device webpage is admin/admin.
When you add the device into the OBiTALK portal, a random password will be assigned to the device, which is displayed in clear.   So, go back to the OBiTALK portal, click on the OBi110 device, and feel free to modify the passwd to your liking.