News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

virus?

Started by Shammi, March 30, 2012, 10:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shammi

Hi friends,

I received calls from unknown number through SP!, however they are not in my VOIP service call record/log. Its strange to me, where are they came from, obi network? I have no idea...
also another strange thing happened today. I have attached (With RonR's expert help) my Canadian Obi110 with India obi110, but today both the obi's can't call each other. SP1 and SP2 on both works very well though....

Please help me understand this, and how can I restore the connectivity between my obi numbers... thanks

Shammi

RonR

There's a good chance the unwelcome calls are coming from SIP scanner probes trying to find an open server to make calls through.  I used to get awakened several times a night until I configured:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> SIP -> X_AccessList

with a list of IP addresses of authorized callers.  Generally, this is the IP address of your SIP service provider and any SIP URI callers who should be allowed to call in.

RonR

You should only set X_AccessList for SIP providers, not Google Voice.

I'm not sure where you got 98.143.109.56, but voip.freephoneline.ca is 208.65.240.165.

RonR

Quote from: Shammi on April 03, 2012, 08:38:25 PM
I am curious, please let me know if the following is correct and won't mess up the existing setting:
voice service--> spx service-->X_InboundCallRoute-->{(unknown|?):},{(201XXXXXXX):aa},{ph}

A ? operator doesn't belong inside parenthesis as it's not part of DigitMap syntax.

The SIP scanners typically don't show up as anonymous calls or 'unknown', consequently filtering in the InboundCallRoute proved totally ineffective.  I got tired of having the phone ring numerous times at night with nobody on the other end and totally eliminated the nuisance with X_AccessList.

Shammi

Thanks for the clarity.

Shale

Quote from: RonR on April 01, 2012, 02:43:55 PM
You should only set X_AccessList for SIP providers, not Google Voice.
Why would that be? Is an SP port configured to Google Voice immune to SIP scanners?

zapattack

Google Voice does not use SIP protocol.